Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Remote Start 2016.5 GT

Old 09-13-2016, 08:44 PM
Default Remote Start 2016.5 GT

Looking for advice on remote start options for 2016.5 GT. Since a 2nd key fob is required with the OEM implementation, I'm also considering aftermarket options (from a reputable installer - not big box stores). I have done a bunch of internet searches on this, but there is not as a lot of information specific to the 2016/2016.5 models and I am not sure if anything changed.
1) any options that get around the engine off when door is opened? i don't think so but figured i would ask
2) any controls over heat, defroster, etc...? Does it remember the last setting and continue or is it just start or stop?
3) will the keyless entry still work (ie; the little button on the drivers door that unlocks the car. Not eh OEM fob button)
4) does the phone enabled module / app provide additional functionality like control over heat, defrost, heated seats, etc....? Wifey needs to start it from her train, and the phone app provide that distance capability. Not the MMS module/controller, but an aftermarket version. I actually spoke to my local mazda dealer today and they flat out told me that they wouldn't install the MMS system because there are lots of issues Mazda is trying to work out. I am sure they will fix those issues, so that is still an option.

Aftermaket is much more affordable. I can get the Prestige single button remote start (APS901E) for $350 installed. Viper and others manufactures, let me know your thoughts. Happy Mazda owner and thanks in advance

Old 11-12-2016, 07:26 AM

+1 on this.

My wife just purchased (lease) a 2016.5 Grand Touring Tech. She is coming from a 2005 Tribute. When we saw the Mazda CX-5 after visiting Honda and Toyota, all we had to say was wow! Mazda really improved their vehicles. And, what you get for the money totally out ways the others.

We did not add remote/mobile start but want to. Can we add this option considering it's a lease?

Can I add this considering it's a leased vehicle?

Old 11-12-2016, 10:51 AM

My wife just purchased (lease) a 2016.5 Grand Touring Tech. She is coming from a 2005 Tribute. When we saw the Mazda CX-5 after visiting Honda and Toyota, all we had to say was wow! Mazda really improved their vehicles. And, what you get for the money totally out ways the others. We did not add remote/mobile start but want to. Can we add this option considering it's a lease?

Since it's a lease, it would probably be best to add the OE unit, which any Mazda dealer can do. BTW, coming off a Tribute, it's easy to see why you're so impressed with the CX-5. I'm sure you already know that the Tribute was a badge-engineered Ford Escape from a bygone era!

Old 11-12-2016, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by paris1
Since it's a lease, it would probably be best to add the OE unit, which any Mazda dealer can do. BTW, coming off a Tribute, it's easy to see why you're so impressed with the CX-5. I'm sure you already know that the Tribute was a badge-engineered Ford Escape from a bygone era!
Yes, I know. Thanks