Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Bling" for my CX5

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 05:47 PM
Default "Bling" for my CX5

When I purchased my 2019 "Candy Apple Red" CX 5 GT Reserve it had roof rails already installed. Then I added the MAZDA roof racks, interior retracting trunk cover, trunk floor mat and stainless steel rear bumper protector. (Oh yes, also on the right tailgate below "SKYACTIVE" I added a "2.5 T" emblem, just to let those arrogant Audi X3 and Volvo XC 40 SUVs know why they just got spanked.)

Then "From China With Love" (Ali Express) I got two hood gas struts to replace the OEM low rent prop rod. And next, matching stainless steel & rubber dead pedal, brake pedal and throttle pedal covers. Originally I just wanted the dead pedal cover but had to take them as a set. But after installation I must admit it makes things look better overall. The brake pedal cover requires you remove the OEM rubber pad. The new stainless steel cover fits VERY tightly, as does the gas pedal cover. So far all Chinese made products have been well made. It just takes them 2 months to arrive! Be patient.

Maybe I'll get Chinese made stainless steel tail pipe extensions and some more metal interior dress-up items, just the subtle ones. Restraint, ya know...

What "bling" have you added to your CX 5?

Last edited by Litehiker; 07-26-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:19 PM

Love the idea of the hood struts and the 2.5T.

I can’t believe they still don’t have them standard or at least a better placement for the hinge.

Post some pictures when you are ready to show us.

Old 09-01-2020, 01:58 AM

Still MORE Bling!

->brushed aluminum seat control **** covers (both front seats, same as on the Signature model)
->glove box brushed aluminum handle cover
->inside door handle brushed aluminum surrounds (just looks classier)
->MAZDA illuminated "CX-5" front door sill covers and non-illuminated rear door sill covers (VERY spendy dealer install but quite the "upscale" look. Lighted "CX-5" logo upon opening front doors is dramatic at night.
->stainless steel tail pipe extensions (adds 1/2" to length)
->overhead map light and sunroof control brushed aluminum "framing" (dresses up a Plain Jane area)
->steering wheel center hub brushed aluminum ring (same as the OEM ring on the Signature)

All these "brushed aluminum" pieces are actually metallic finish ABS with double sided tape for attachment. ALL from China thru Ali Express, the best place for good but inexpensive interior/exterior dress-up stuff for your CX 5. Why the Chinese have all this nice stuff is beyond me unless there are a hell of a lot of CX 5s in the world market.
The stainless steel tailpipe extensions are also from Ali Express. I am not sure if I'll use them but likely will like them once they are slipped on. Install is easy.
Ali Express has much more for your CX 5 than what I have purchased but "restraint" is the better half of decorating - something Victorian interior decorators didn't quite get. ;o)

Eric B.

Last edited by Litehiker; 09-01-2020 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Looking good. Its always good adding small items to improve the look & feel of your vehicle.

Old 09-01-2020, 11:14 AM

e-bay has a ton of stuff.
The CX-5 is popular in Asian markets.

My 2¢

Old 09-01-2020, 12:22 PM

Thanks g_r, i'm just getting the interior closer to the Signature look.

Dennis, I never thought to look at e-Bay. I'll try it.
I DID sell my FD series RX-7 on e-bay through a broker relative of mine back in 2007. I posted it at $11,000. and sold it for $14,400.

Eric B.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:23 PM

I'm a fan of bamwholesaleparts.com if you're here in the States. They have genuine Mazda accessories for a good percentage less than mazdausa.com. For example, the genuine Mazda all weather floor mats for my 2019 CX-5 were about $88.00 for the set from BAM, but they would have cost 125$ at Mazda. My next purchase will be the alloy pedal covers.