Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New Toys for my New Toy

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Default New Toys for my New Toy

In grand tradition of being a former tuner girl, I can't NOT add something to a stock 2015 CX 5 GT edition (she's only a few months old, so she's fresh for new details!)

So got a few things to make it my own.

1. All Weather Floor Mats (front & back) - Living in the desert, you need these. No questions asked between sandstorms, camping, hiking and the occasional monsoon.

2. All Weather Cargo Mat - See #1. :-) Oh, and to protect the carpet from the 70 pound dog that likes to sit back there too.

3. Aluminum Sport Pedals. Off Ebay, not the OEM one's, but still look good. These have rubber stripes instead of rubber dots and say CX 5 on them.

4. Rear Bumper Exhaust Tip Molding....a little chrome on the back never hurt anyone. Everyone likes a rear end that looks good

5. Stainless Door Sills. Again, another Ebay purchase from China but they look really nice from what I have seen, and are a bit less expensive than the OEM ones.

Eventually she's getting new rims in her 19's and probably a couple of more interior mods.

For now she's good. Will post photos of the installs when it all comes in!

Old 04-07-2016, 08:01 PM

Looking forward to seeing the door sills.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Default Exhaust Tip Chrome Trim

What is the source for your chrome exhaust tip trim?

Thank you.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by DaniPhiSig
In grand tradition of being a former tuner girl, I can't NOT add something to a stock 2015 CX 5 GT edition (she's only a few months old, so she's fresh for new details!)

So got a few things to make it my own.

1. All Weather Floor Mats (front & back) - Living in the desert, you need these. No questions asked between sandstorms, camping, hiking and the occasional monsoon.

2. All Weather Cargo Mat - See #1. :-) Oh, and to protect the carpet from the 70 pound dog that likes to sit back there too.

3. Aluminum Sport Pedals. Off Ebay, not the OEM one's, but still look good. These have rubber stripes instead of rubber dots and say CX 5 on them.

4. Rear Bumper Exhaust Tip Molding....a little chrome on the back never hurt anyone. Everyone likes a rear end that looks good

5. Stainless Door Sills. Again, another Ebay purchase from China but they look really nice from what I have seen, and are a bit less expensive than the OEM ones.

Eventually she's getting new rims in her 19's and probably a couple of more interior mods.

For now she's good. Will post photos of the installs when it all comes in!
I bought some door sills from one of the China Ebay sellers, the fronts fit good, but the rears were a tad to long and wouldn't sit flat with the slightly convex surface of the rear door sills. The 3M double sided tape would only stick on the edges and left the middle portion suspended. Everytime someone stepped on it, it made a popping noise. I ended up removing them and used some universal door sill protectors from Amazon. It looks like grip tape and I was able to cut it the way I wanted and it looks pretty clean.

I also bought the rear bumper protector as well from another China Ebay seller and that didn't fit right either. The radius of the curve of the protector didn't match the radius of the rear bumper. So when I installed it, the center portion of the bumper protector actually sticks out beyond the bumper by about 3mm.

I guess I got what I paid for. Maybe you might have better luck.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:00 PM

I got the WeatherTech laser fit floor mats for my 2016 CX-5 - front, rear and cargo area. Down here you get a lot of sand, and they are easy to dump out and keep clean. I also got the WeatherTech window guards so I can keep the windows cracked without worrying about the rain getting in. Leaving the windows cracked here in south Florida really does keep your car cooler.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:47 PM

Thank you for the feedback regarding the source for the chrome add-ons, and for the critique of their fit.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Default Parking Sensors

Hello,

Any idea how to get parking sensors which can be installed in front of bumper of CX-5 and gets integrated on the display unit.

Cheers.
Yash

Old 08-12-2016, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Buy the genuine Mazda Accessory from your local Mazda Dealer.