Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New CX-5 Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 06:24 AM
Default New CX-5 Purchase

I just bought my first Mazda yesterday and was wondering if I got a decent price from your guy's perspective. I got it seeing all the great reviews online but then I looked here and it doesn't seem you all are too fond of it... Anyway, I was curious if I got a good deal: Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD with roof racks (invoice 200, MSRP 250) and a hitch receiver with the wiring harness (Invoice 340, MSRP 425) for $24,900 ($1,500 under MSRP) and .9% 60mo financing.
According to edmunds, the invoice for this is $25,473 and TMV is $25,616 but I personally don't overly trust edmunds.

From what I saw I know I at least got a decent price on it but was wondering if I could have done better.

Thanks in advance for any input

EDIT:
Forgot to say that it's a 2014. I didn't get the moon roof or tech packages, just the stuff I mentioned.

Last edited by Decrepide; 03-29-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:22 PM

Mine stickered for $26,840. I ended up paying $25,495 before TTL. They also had 0% financing. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:22 PM

I think you did pretty good, pretty close to the same deal I got in December.

Don't let the nit-picking in this forum scare you. Many of the problems were with 2013s that seem to have been addressed in the 2014 model. Most of us are disappointed with the problems with the infortainment system shortcomings that we home Mazda will address soon.

It's a good vehicle, not perfect, but no car is. Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-30-2014, 08:38 AM

Other than a Bluetooth issue where it wouldn't connect to my phone, Pandora or USB I have not had any problems at all with the car. In mixed highway-city driving I'm averaging over 32 mpg too. To fix the Bluetooth I had to disconnect the battery, wait and reconnect it again. I'll have the Service Dept take a look at it this week when I go in for my 5K service.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:03 PM

Sounds like a fair deal considering the most CX-5's are selling at or slightly over MSRP (according to various reports).

I for one love my CX-5 and would buy it again in a second. The few complaints (if you could really call them that) are minor issues mostly related to the infotainment system, which most automakers seem to recently be struggling with.

People are much more likely to be vocal and share a negative experience than a positive one, especially on the internet.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:44 AM

Mine was at the dealer for its first oil change so I checked out a 2015. They only difference I could see between that car and my 2014.5 was the touring model now comes with advanced keyless entry. Something it should have had before.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:02 AM

Congratulations on your new car. Can you tell me what are the exclusive features in grand touring vs the touring version, I mean the options which are not available in Touring version. Thanks.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bond007
Congratulations on your new car. Can you tell me what are the exclusive features in grand touring vs the touring version, I mean the options which are not available in Touring version. Thanks.

Features exclusive to GT include: Leather, 19" wheels, Toyo tires to name a few....

Old 05-04-2014, 07:23 PM

I just went to the local mazda dealership and I can't remember what the price was except that it was about $400 dollars above the MSRP. The salesman said it was because (a) they were having a hard time getting in mazdas from Japan and (b) they put on a paint that lasts a lifetime. They didn't seem too willing to budge on their price either. Is anyone else hearing this from the salesman?

Old 05-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by HumprheyBogart
I just went to the local mazda dealership and I can't remember what the price was except that it was about $400 dollars above the MSRP. The salesman said it was because (a) they were having a hard time getting in mazdas from Japan and (b) they put on a paint that lasts a lifetime. They didn't seem too willing to budge on their price either. Is anyone else hearing this from the salesman?
I got $1700 off msrp back in January. Easy to do. Go to autotrader dot com and do a 250 mile search for brand new CX-5s in your area. Find a dealer with discounts, print it out, take it to your closest dealer and ask for price matching. If he doesn't match, go elsewhere.

Quick Reply: New CX-5 Purchase