Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New to CX-5!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Default New to CX-5!

Hi there!

I just bought a 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring that had everything but the kitchen sink put into it when it was brought to the dealership. Traded in my 2006 Scion tC Coupe that I had owned for 10.5 years.

It's quite a switch going from a coupe to an SUV crossover, and being that high off the ground is pretty awesome too.

So far I am really happy with it, just still getting used to all of the buttons, gadgets and things to play with in the vehicle. My tC was very basic and still used a key to start, so it's nice to have definitely upgraded.

What is the one thing you can say you love about your CX-5's and that you hate about them?

Old 02-05-2016, 07:44 AM

Welcome! Cheers from the Sin City!

Old 02-05-2016, 01:18 PM

Love: the fact that it's driving dynamics are better than other compact crossovers
especially after you drop the suspension 1.5" on H&R springs in order to:
Hate: get rid of that ridiculously high ride height that exposes all the suspension bits!

Old 02-12-2016, 11:08 AM

glad to see that you like it. if you have any questions the people around here seem to know a lot.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by DaniPhiSig
Hi there!

I just bought a 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring that had everything but the kitchen sink put into it when it was brought to the dealership. Traded in my 2006 Scion tC Coupe that I had owned for 10.5 years.

It's quite a switch going from a coupe to an SUV crossover, and being that high off the ground is pretty awesome too.

So far I am really happy with it, just still getting used to all of the buttons, gadgets and things to play with in the vehicle. My tC was very basic and still used a key to start, so it's nice to have definitely upgraded.

What is the one thing you can say you love about your CX-5's and that you hate about them?
Congratulations with your new vehicle! My husband drives a 2006 Scion xA. So when we bought our CX-5 GT we pretty much had the same opinion as you. I'm not sure what the differences are between the 2015 or 2016 but if you're curious about my detailed opinions of "favorite" things about the CX-5 you can check out my blog post, the link is in my signature.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:29 PM

after buying a 2016 cx-5, every other vehicle I drive seems cheap, and uncomfortable. I drive rentals a lot for work, and I get back in my own car and think, wow this is nice.