Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Info Bar Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 09:19 PM
Question Navigation Info Bar Questions

Have a 2016.5 CX5 GT AWD with the Nav. Really dislike when not using the navigation that the info bar that runs across the top of the screen displays cross streets/roads and parallel streets/roads. Also alternates back and forth between the cross roads and audio input. Is there any way to change the info bar to indicate the actual street/road/highway that you are actually driving on? Also any way to get a compass display? Coming from Ford with Sync and the system displayed both. Also, I have not used the Navigation for guidance as of yet.

I'm getting comfortable with the Mazda, but coming from '13 BMW and '13 Ford, this vehicle seems to be a step or two backwards especially when it comes to the Navigation.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:19 PM

Not sure about having a compass to display but the navigation map should be indicating what street the car is on. Occasionally if roads have changed and the maps in the system have not been updated the screen will show the car in a different place. I have even see the icon for the vehicle displayed not on any road. Once (not a Mazda) I had the satnav direct me into an open paddock at the end of a very narrow laneway.
Read the user handbook for the different options available and search Youtube for relevant videos.

Old 12-10-2016, 04:54 AM

hai i have new cx5 2017 model bought just three months back in oman kindly tell me how to update my GPS

Last edited by abed.ali; 12-10-2016 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:01 AM

If you select the arrow button on the left at the bottom of the display it will hide the menu buttons across the bottom. The road you are driving on will then be visible at the bottom. If you are on a highway it will also hide the entries on the right that show upcoming exits and services, selecting the bottom left button again will bring them back.

I'd like to have a compass indication as well, anyone have an idea?

Old 12-10-2016, 04:13 PM

Abed-ali
Firstly you need to know if you are entitled to free updates to your MAPS and also if maps are available for your area of the world - not sure how you would find that out but here in Australia when you buy a new CX5 you are entitled to free map updates for th first 3 years - I myslef reckon it should be lifetime free updates as you get when you buy Garmin and some other handheld devices which are heaps cheaper than a new car.
Secondly you need to download the app Mazda Toolbox to your PC - get it from a Mazda web site.
I think that it comes with documentation.
When you run the app you need to insert a USB memory stick into a usb port on your PC and select the relevant 'button' on the tookbox app which will download the latest map for your area onto the usb stick.
You then insert the usb memory stick into the usb port in your CX5.
I cannot remember what you select on the screen but either the documentation will show you or search YOUTUBE as there are a number of good video clips showing you how.