Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

My last Mazda's

Old 03-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Default My last Mazda's

Just want to vent my frustations with my Mazda's and my dealer, Jeff Wyler Eastgate Mazda. Already filed some complaints online and on their facbook pages.

Bought a 2014 Mazda CX-5 back in November 2013. Up until December 2014 and 33,000 miles, no issues. Second week of December, was entering the highway and decided to accelerate a bit , got up to about 80 mph and let off the gas. That's when all of a sudden the engine light, traction light and tpms came on. Car lost power but was able to pull off to the side of the highway. Sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders, pushing the gas pedal, car wouldn't go. Shut the car off and on and performed like normal. Took it the dealer to have checked out. They couldn't replicate the issue and says it was my K&N filter I had, which is false since I've had the filter for the last 20k miles on the car and another 30k on my 2012 Mazda 3. Didn't drive alot for another week and a half, sure enough did the same thing doing the same accelerating pattern. Let it go then the following did it again and but this time it happened twice in a row and the engine light stayed on. Got the code of p0301 which is a cylinder 1 misfire issue. Take it back AGAIN and they keep for almost 3 weeks. They finally got the car to do shut off. Replaced fuel injector with no luck. Ended up replacing the crank pulley and belts and say it's working. They also replaced the battery because they said it died and had a bad cell. Pick the car on a Tuesday evening and sure Friday morning did it AGAIN!! Already called Mazda Customer Support and got a case number set up. Dealer "says" Mazda wanted me to take a tech out to replicate problem, which they can, why they want me too, I have no clue. Sure enough the day I take it to the dealer, it did again on my way there. Tech scans the car, sees the same codes and prints them out. Couldn't get the car to shut off again, so I wait. The following week, call Mazda Customer Support and say the dealer said no codes were found, BULLCRAP!! Dealer is a joke! Complained to the dealer service manager and he "says" that Mazda knows the problem, software related but no release date. I think Mazda and the dealer don't want to do anything cause my car no has over 34k miles and after 36k, it's out of warranty. I'm done and fed with Mazda and the dealer. will never buy another Mazda and through that same dealer.

Also I have a 2012 Mazda 3 bought new at the same dealer. Have over 61k miles with no issues, except one. When down shifting, car wants to surge quickly. I've seen others have the same problems on forums I visit. This the other reason I won't buy another. 2 new Mazda's both with issues. The Mazda 3 isn't that big of deal, cause I can get around it, but when your on the highway and you lose power in traffic, that's life threatening.

As of today, nothing new,,,,

Old 03-21-2015, 05:16 PM

They are all the same anymore. No more accelerator cables. It's fly by wire ETM's. If not cleaned every 15-30k miles they can bind up from carbon accumulation. The PCM senses excessive amperage draw from the motor responsible for opening the throttle plates and protects itself. The dealer should have replaced the ETM or at least tried bench cleaning it.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by hixx
They are all the same anymore. No more accelerator cables. It's fly by wire ETM's. If not cleaned every 15-30k miles they can bind up from carbon accumulation. The PCM senses excessive amperage draw from the motor responsible for opening the throttle plates and protects itself. The dealer should have replaced the ETM or at least tried bench cleaning it.
I am probably ignorant, but where is and how would you clean this?