Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment - no spoken instructions/warnings

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 01:48 AM
Default Infotainment - no spoken instructions/warnings

Hello
Has anyone experienced a problem with the infotainment system where the spoken instructions when using the navigation system do not get spoken - can't be heard even though the radio volume drops automatically?

Old 03-27-2017, 08:51 AM

You can adjust the volume level of the guidance independent of the radio, etc, perhaps yours is set too low to hear?

Old 03-27-2017, 04:11 PM

Thanks for your suggestion but no.
It's a problem which Mazda have recognised. The volume of the guidance can be set to the maximum and it still isn't heard and also when the spoken guidance is supposed to be heard the volume of the radio drops for exactly 30 seconds far longer than it need to.
As I said Mazda has recognised I have a problem and just keep telling me that they are working on a solution and it is now 4 months since they started saying that.
I just wanted to find out if anyone else has had this problem.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:08 PM

I was hoping it was something easy, but not obvious. I hope your issue gets resolved soon!

Old 03-27-2017, 08:31 PM

I'm not confident at all. Who would be after waiting 4 months after Mazda had extracted all information from the vehicle and claim they are working on it.
I think that Mazda have either out it in the "too hard basket" or think that I will give up expecting a fix. My third new Mazda and now the last.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:41 PM

Sorry to hear that, I wonder why they just don't give you another infotainment head? (So do you, I'm sure.)

Old 03-27-2017, 09:16 PM

I asked for the CMU (or whatever controls the Infotainment system) to be replaced at the very start but they refused saying that the problem could be fixed with a firmware/software update. That was FOUR months ago. I really cannot understand their attitude and mentality.
Maybe they feel now that they have lost me and so don't care less.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Ring up Mazda Customer care & lodge an official complaint. That should get the ball rolling.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:18 PM

Thanks Grim Reaper but I did that 4 months ago and whenever I call them for an update they only ever tell me is that Mazda is working hard to find solution and more or less tell me to stop phoning as they will phone me as soon as the solution is found. I find that a complete cop out and makes me wonder if they really are trying to find a solution. For heavens sake how long does it take - over 4 months so far!

Old 04-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Ring them back, tell them your going to the ACCC or fair trade commission, put some fear into them.

Quick Reply: Infotainment - no spoken instructions/warnings