Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expensive windshield replacement (with SCBS)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 11:42 AM
Cool Expensive windshield replacement (with SCBS)

We drove our lovely 2014 CX-5 GT AWD from Austin to WolfCreek this Christmas. On the way there, I was stupid enough to follow the car in the front too close, and got hit by little rock that was mixed with mud/antifreeze that they used on the road. Windshield was hit at bottom edge of driver side and start to grow crack extensively that I had to tape it to prevent growing crack.

Went to the best local auto glass shop (according to Yelp), and got a quote of $900 bucks simply due to $675 cost of windshield itself. Again, I was stupid enough to not have lower deductible insurance than $1000. I called Geico and found out I only need to pay $47 more for six month to lower my deductible from $1000 to $51.

Well, this is a lesson to me. I recommend everyone to check their comprehensive insurance deductible. The windshield with SBCS is worth to invest on better insurance rate.

Wish everyone has a great holiday season.

Chris

Old 01-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Default In FL

On my policy here in FL we have 0 deductible on comprehensive Glass claims...

But I feel your pain, your agent should have told you...

In my old car I didn't have comp and had a break in which cost me 800.00 in repairs... 2 dollars a month would have covered the comp.

Needless tpo say I found a new agent!