Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cx-5 help oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 05:33 PM
Default Cx-5 help oil pressure

Hi, I hate joining forums with the aim of begging for help but needs must and I'm in need of some advice with our cx-5 that we have owned for 7 months and covered 5k miles.

The car is the 2.2 diesel and has 113k on the clock. We purchased the car because my partner was starting university and we needed a reliable car to make the 30 mile trip everyday and to get the kids to school/childminder etc.

Anyway on Tuesday the car randomly flashed up oil pressure warning then that went andenfine management light warning came up. She lost power and so she pulled over and called AA. The AA scanned the car with the following codes

PO55F - unknown
PO524 - unknown
P06DE - engine-oil pressure solenoid valve component stuck closed

We have taken the car to AA chosen garage (Bedworth MOT test centre) and they have said they swooped the oil pressure switch with a cx-5 they had in at the moment and it made no difference so they investigated further and it needs and engine rebuild and new turbo. He said the turbo had oil starvation.

We are really screwed here because our AA warranty only covers 2k repair bills and the garage mechanic said they already had a cx-5 in at the moment for same issue and the bill is 12k!!

We can't afford anywhere near that and are really stressing out here.

We would really appreciate some help if possible

Many thanks

Old 03-22-2017, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Take it to Mazda.

Both codes, PO55F & PO524 - are known faults due to " detection logic of the PCM is incorrect." ( Technical Service Bulletin)

This is corrected by a simple PCM software update.

In Australia searching for code P06DE gets me this message Prior to removing any components from the vehicle, please contact the Technical Helpdesk
by submitting a new Help Case within the Technical & Warranty System, as per Tech Bulletin
NS065_09.

Last edited by grim_reaper; 03-22-2017 at 07:03 AM.