Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo cover and cargo tray

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Default Cargo cover and cargo tray

Hello all,
I have a 2014 CX-5 and I am looking for Cargo cover and tray. I found some cheap 2013 CX-5 cargo cover, will it fit in my 2014? Sorry for a newb question, I am a first time Mazda owner.

Thanks,
Andy

Old 07-04-2013, 12:47 AM

Yes! I bought both.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:16 AM

The Mazda cargo cover works great.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bungpu
Hello all,
I have a 2014 CX-5 and I am looking for Cargo cover and tray. I found some cheap 2013 CX-5 cargo cover, will it fit in my 2014? Sorry for a newb question, I am a first time Mazda owner.

Thanks,
Andy
Hi All, just joined the forum.

I too just bought a CX 5 and looking for a cargo cover.

I was offered $230 taxes in for a cargo cover from the dealer, is that considered a good deal?

thanks a bunch

Old 06-25-2014, 01:16 AM

You can do way better for the same part elsewhere (for some reason the cargo cover seems to get a real dealer surcharge, more than some other accessories).

For instance, this is the OEM part on Amazon for $153. Just google it, there are a couple of other places for around the same money.

Do make sure you get the OEM part-- the Mazda design raises the cover with the hatch, so you don't have to retract it to get at stuff. It's quite a nice design.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by addabox
You can do way better for the same part elsewhere (for some reason the cargo cover seems to get a real dealer surcharge, more than some other accessories).

For instance, this is the OEM part on Amazon for $153. Just google it, there are a couple of other places for around the same money.

Do make sure you get the OEM part-- the Mazda design raises the cover with the hatch, so you don't have to retract it to get at stuff. It's quite a nice design.
wow, thank you so much

Old 06-26-2014, 10:08 AM

Thanks for sharing! I never even thought to look on Amazon. It says they only have 5 left so hopefully they don't sell out before I have the chance to order one.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:27 PM

i buy ALL my mazda parts from tasca. there are only 2 sites on the web that will sell for the best price. one is parts.com, which is the huge autonation group. the other is tasca:

Tasca Parts | Lowest Prices Anywhere for Genuine OEM Parts

both tasca and parts.com selling price is the same, the difference is shipping and handling. tasca has the lowest cost on shipping and handling. where parts.com has the advantage is if a large part is ordered, like a hood. parts.com will source the part from the dealer nearest to you, so the actual freight cost will be less. plus, it seems like parts.com is much faster in parts delivery. so if you can wait, tasca is the place to go.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:30 PM

That's a good price. Looks like the Amazon price went up $10 since I posted that, so your source is the better deal even with slightly more expensive shipping.

One thing-- I notice the Tasca part # shows an "A" suffix, and indicates that it replaces the non A part. The Amazon part has no suffix. I wonder if Mazda did a running improvement? Anyway, sounds like a great source for this item, and a great resource in general.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:26 PM

That's a good price. Looks like the Amazon price went up $10 since I posted that, so your source is the better deal even with slightly more expensive shipping.

One thing-- I notice the Tasca part # shows an "A" suffix, and indicates that it replaces the non A part. The Amazon part has no suffix. I wonder if Mazda did a running improvement? Anyway, sounds like a great source for this item, and a great resource in general.
yo. tasca is a mazda dealer(and other marques, too). they will use the latest part numbers. the amazon one looks to also be a dealer(camelback mazda, http://www.camelbackmazda.com/index.htm), but it could also be an independent, selling surplus genuine, or oe from the manufacturer. you will find the latest supersessions on the tasca site, and the suggested list price. also know that the shipping on the tasca site is based on the dollar amount of the invoice, the actual shipping will probably be less, it always is for me, and i have ordered thousands of dollars of parts from tasca. remember that dealers do not have to sell parts for suggested list, and they can discount off whatever they want. all i am saying is that if you want GENUINE mazda parts, tasca and parts.com have the best prices. i have dealt with both for years, and i used to work in a dealership(not mazda) that was in the autonation group, and sold parts thru parts.com. the dealer i worked at gave a 20 off sugg list to shops. over the counter list price was sugg list PLUS 20. thru parts.com we had to sell at dealer COST plus 20, and they hated to sell for that. i worked parts dept for 25+ years, dealers, independents, and wholesale importers. i am still amazed at how easy it is to find the place that has the best prices, and how few people do this. but hey, its your money. btw, amazon will charge you tax. tasca will not

Last edited by keninn; 06-26-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Cargo cover and cargo tray