Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 CX5 Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by i64X
This is odd. My 2016 GT w/o nav shows it. It's under "Apps" > "HD Radio Traffic"

Or do you mean specifically when navigating?

I did mean when navigating, but honestly I didn't ever see this under apps. When the car started this morning I didn't have that app, but later while driving it appeared. I guess it's better than nothing, but I wish you could zoom in on sections. It's a total view of the DFW and surrounding areas and it's pretty hard to see.

Thanks for the tip though!

Old 07-09-2015, 09:39 AM

It's only good around here for major expressways too. Basically shows huge areas to avoid and that's it, since it's zoomed out so far. Better than nothing I guess.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:26 AM
Old 07-18-2015, 09:32 PM

Can anyone send me a pic of there navigation map on? Mine is gray and wondering if it's supposed to be. It's not colorful like other gps's. Just wondering if this is normal,I have no greens kmizok13@gmail.com. Thanks, just curious to see if it's normal

Last edited by Kmiz13; 07-18-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by i64X
I knew that... just saying that my 2016 has realtime traffic even though his dealer told him that Mazda took it away on the 2016s.

Edit - and I've found that same SD card for much cheaper than $350.
Just bought CX5 GS (so I live in Canada and bought canadian version cx5 gs, if there is a such one) but no NAV purchased, so was wondering where did you get it cheaper and did it work? Some people say it is grey-ish version, no colors? Does the one you buy at the dealer has colored maps? Anyone from Canada here that bought nav sd card for CX5 GS?
Thank you all for your assistance

Last edited by Poda; 07-21-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kmiz13
Can anyone send me a pic of there navigation map on? Mine is gray and wondering if it's supposed to be. It's not colorful like other gps's. Just wondering if this is normal,I have no greens kmizok13@gmail.com. Thanks, just curious to see if it's normal
I'll try to get a snapshot of mine tomorrow, but mine is in color. Bodies of water are blue and the golf course in my neighborhood is green. On interstates as I approach exits there are green signs similar to the actual green signs indicating streets, exits and highway numbers.The little traffic light symbol is in color as well as the speed limit symbol which turns to red if I speed.

When the headlights are on the display changes to a mostly dark greyish color. Are you looking at yours with your headlights on?

Old 10-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Default Nav card

I64x,
Where did yu get yur nav card & how much was it? I have the nav button.....once I put the card in will it auto. show nav info? Or must the nav be lit on the infotainment screen already? I do not have tech pkg. the only things lit up are AM, FM, Pandora, aha, stitcher. Fm and nav are not lit up?? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:34 PM

What is the deal with the SD NAV card? The salesman explained it to me but if the CX-5 comes with the Tech Package, it already has the NAV in it! Right? Is there a difference between the factory NAV system and the SD card or are they all SD add-on's? Thanks!

Old 12-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Default Petition to re-enable Live Traffic in 2016 models

I've put up an online petition in an attempt to get Mazda to reinstall the Live Traffic feature in the new navigation system. The more signatures we can get the better the chances they might DO something about it instead of saying they are "working on it".

Please sign the petition at Petition Live Traffic in 2016 Mazdas.

Thanks!

Old 01-03-2016, 03:11 PM

I just purchased my 2016 CX5 about 1.5 months ago. I am downloading the latest Navi Software as we speak. Before this update I have not had real time traffic. It is my understanding that we do not get it, but I will find out after the update to my SD Navi card.

Quick Reply: 2016 CX5 Navigation