Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 CX-5 Sport Fog Lights...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Default 2016 CX-5 Sport Fog Lights...?

Hello all, this is my first post and first thread ever on a forum, so I thank you for bearing with me.

Okay, so two weeks ago my wife and I bought a '16 Sport with no options. It doesn't even have the backup camera which is nifty for a 2016 model. Anyhow, we had our dealer order the accessory fog lights and they were just installed today. The only thing is...they don't look like the fog lights for the '16's. By that I mean, they have the slatted grill-look of the '15's and newer and they don't match the new grill style.

Do you guys and ladies think I just got what the dealer had? Or are these the accessory fog lights you get when they don't come factory on the car?

Any input is appreciated, I'll post a couple pictures when I get the chance.

Thanks!

Old 06-09-2015, 06:23 PM

I went out and snapped a quick picture. The lighting and parking situations weren't ideal, but hopefully it shows up well enough.

I did a little more poking and I guess the 2016 fog lights are LED's, so perhaps this caused the issue due to my car not having the LED headlights. I'm not positive but I'm set on calling my dealer tomorrow to see if I can get some info about the fog lights. I'll post my findings in case anyone is curious.

Attached Thumbnails 2016 CX-5 Sport Fog Lights...?-image.jpg  
Old 06-09-2015, 08:17 PM

That's a reasonable assumption (about the LED lights), but I would confirm it with the dealer. If it's any consolation, the older lights they put in look far better (IMHO) than the newer ones. I'd like to put a '16 grill on my '13, so now I know that the hole in the facia will accept either light. A dealer parts guy told me that the front facia on the '16 is different than the older one, but I have my doubts.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:27 PM

Yeah, I would have my doubts as well, they look awfully similar. I know my dealer has '15's and '16's right next to each other as the '15's haven't been sold off yet. Sitting next to each other, they look to be the same dimensions. I know the fog light air dams are the same size now that I had a chance to look.

As for the fog lights on my '16, stopped by the dealer today and had them look. The service manager has been great so far, took some pics, and said he would do research. Hopefully he turns something up other than the "that may just be the way they are when they don't come factory" line I got. Hm...more to come for sure.

Last edited by CharlieXray; 06-11-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Former Sponsor
Default fog lights

My guess is that the dealer you went to didn't do their research. The fog lights fit from 2013 - 2016. However there is a part number ( KA0H-V4-600 ) that comes with the slats. I have attached an image from the accessory book. It doesn't look like you could update the bezels the whole kit would have to be replaced to get the correct look.l

Attached Thumbnails 2016 CX-5 Sport Fog Lights...?-16-cx5-fog-lights.jpg  
Old 07-01-2015, 09:26 AM

As mentioned, the LED fog lights only come with the Tech Package on the Touring or Grand Touring models. I've got them on my 2016 CX-5 Touring w/ Tech, and they produce much more usable light than the Halogen ones on my 2014 did.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:09 AM

I agree with what CX5'R says. Our halogen fog lights are less than adequate, but I like the way they look and, if anything, they make the car more visible to other drivers.

So, it's been about a month since I started this, and I'm pleased to say that our dealership took care of the issue and made it right. When I get a chance, I'll post a picture of the new shrouds around the fog lights.

From talking with the parts man, the fog lights that were originally installed on our car were technically correct according to Mazda. Clearly though, they didn't match. Going with the part number that Heritage Mazda gave above, you can see that this would be the correct number for the 2016's for halogen lamps.

Hopefully this is of some help, and I appreciate all the comments going along.

Also for paris1, you'll see that the new shrouds/air dams fit perfectly on the 2016 bumper, so it may be likely that the '16 grill fits your '13.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by paris1
That's a reasonable assumption (about the LED lights), but I would confirm it with the dealer. If it's any consolation, the older lights they put in look far better (IMHO) than the newer ones. I'd like to put a '16 grill on my '13, so now I know that the hole in the facia will accept either light. A dealer parts guy told me that the front facia on the '16 is different than the older one, but I have my doubts.

There is only one part number for CX-5 bumpers. The grilles should be interchangeable with no modifications.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Heritage Mazda
There is only one part number for CX-5 bumpers. The grilles should be interchangeable with no modifications.
Really? That's good to know; thank you! Can you shoot me part nos and prices on what I'd need to make the switch?

Old 08-06-2016, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by CX5'R
As mentioned, the LED fog lights only come with the Tech Package on the Touring or Grand Touring models. I've got them on my 2016 CX-5 Touring w/ Tech, and they produce much more usable light than the Halogen ones on my 2014 did.
I am in the market for a 2016.5 CX-5. Are the LED headlights significantly better (brighter \ longer distance \ wider range) than the standard halogen headlights? Are there any issues with the LED headlights? Are they worth the money and having to buy the Bose \ Moonroof to get LED lights? Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2016 CX-5 Sport Fog Lights...?