Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 10:27 PM

Hmmm sooooo how is that CVT thing working out for you? Nissan seems dead set on removing the driving experience from all aspects of, well, driving. The CX-5 is light years better than anything Nissan. I have been a Nissan owner since the early 90s and after Renault, 1998-2000, took over, their product line may look the part, but they are all garbage. I know, I still own a 2006 Altima SER, 2000 Frontier, and up til about 2 weeks ago, a 2010 Versa which was traded in for a 2015 CX-5 Touring. Sure the issues with the infotainment are for real, we've noticed it, but we didnt buy it for that, we bought it for the mechanicals vs. Nissan...think engine, transmission. I will be replacing the HU with a high end Kenwood DNX model as soon as I can figure out who makes an adaptor to retain the steering wheel controls. Trust me, over on a poplular Nissan forum, I am a Super Modderator, and I see and hear it all. Nissan has major issue with the new Altima, and many other models. I wont buy another one. Things like radios and such are easier to change out that an engine or CVT transmission, but hey people fall for the nice wrappers Nissan still churns out. Sooo many buy backs lately, and Nissan just resells them. Keep in mind they were bought back because Nissan couldnt fix them. Anyway, we love the new CX-5 and totally agree that Mazda dropped the ball with the electronics. Easy fix.
Originally Posted by omg
Hello everyone still in Mazda misery. I found a fix for the infotainment problems, shaky mirror problems, shaky hood problems, and shaky window problems (try rolling your front windows down a few inches while driving at about 70mph). Solution to all the problems: I traded the POS in for a 2015 Nissan Rogue and all problems are gone, btw.... Infotainment system is flawless in this thing.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by omg
Solution to all the problems: I traded the POS in for a 2015 Nissan Rogue and all problems are gone, btw.... Infotainment system is flawless in this thing.
I consider our '14 CX-5 to be a very solid, well engineered vehicle. That's one of the reasons it's so surprising that Mazda would install such a rotten infotainment system. A stark contrast.

My wife's son has a '15 Mazda6 with the same terrible system -- another fine vehicle with this same poor system.

Will call Mazda CS again next week to see if the prospect of a fix still looks promising.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:09 AM

Nice to see they updated the HU for 2016. But sucks that I'm stuck with my 14 with no update still!

Old 01-30-2015, 04:26 PM
omg
Default Indeed

Originally Posted by 4DZC
Hmmm sooooo how is that CVT thing working out for you? Nissan seems dead set on removing the driving experience from all aspects of, well, driving. The CX-5 is light years better than anything Nissan. I have been a Nissan owner since the early 90s and after Renault, 1998-2000, took over, their product line may look the part, but they are all garbage. I know, I still own a 2006 Altima SER, 2000 Frontier, and up til about 2 weeks ago, a 2010 Versa which was traded in for a 2015 CX-5 Touring. Sure the issues with the infotainment are for real, we've noticed it, but we didnt buy it for that, we bought it for the mechanicals vs. Nissan...think engine, transmission. I will be replacing the HU with a high end Kenwood DNX model as soon as I can figure out who makes an adaptor to retain the steering wheel controls. Trust me, over on a poplular Nissan forum, I am a Super Modderator, and I see and hear it all. Nissan has major issue with the new Altima, and many other models. I wont buy another one. Things like radios and such are easier to change out that an engine or CVT transmission, but hey people fall for the nice wrappers Nissan still churns out. Sooo many buy backs lately, and Nissan just resells them. Keep in mind they were bought back because Nissan couldnt fix them. Anyway, we love the new CX-5 and totally agree that Mazda dropped the ball with the electronics. Easy fix.
The recalls on the Nissans don't apply to the 2015 models. I have driven other vehicles with Cvt transmissions and find that the one in the Rogue outperforms many others, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it... Trust me. Even Honda has gone to Cvt transmissions and they also make very good vehicles. Keep in mind as I stated before that the infotainment system is just one of many problems with the CX5 that Mazda cannot and probably will not fix... Because if they cared, then they would do a "Recall".

Old 01-30-2015, 07:12 PM

I truly am glad that your happy however the recalls do pertain to the 2015s...I know because one of my very best friend is a Nissan Master Tech. He said he is seeing more and more come thru for replacements of the CVT. Nissan tells them not the bother shipping the units back because they dont want them, so they simply send them for scrap. Nissan is trying to keep stuff quiet because they are not telling the service dept. very much at all. Just if a customer complains, handle it one on one....lots of otther info but I dont want to clog this thread up with all of the stuff.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:08 AM

Called Mazda customer service again (1-800-430-0153), and Laith told me that a software update was still a couple months away. Re-emphacized how irritating the slow iPod start-up, etc. was, and how a VW I bought 5 years ago worked perfectly.

I hope others give them a call every month or two until this is resolved.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:00 PM

Had a trial module fitted for the USB input early this week. This is supposed to resolve the resume play and shuffling issues. So far I have identified that the resumption of play is working perfectly; even having removed the USB drive and then refitting it. Fantastic as this was the biggest issue. The sound kicks in about 30 seconds after starting the car, which although not ideal, it is something I can live with. Not yet sold on the shuffling, but will continue to experiment to find out how it is working. I think the key is not to watch the numbers as they still appear to move consecutively. I will update as I find out more.
Apparently there was 100 cars in Australia fitted with this trial and feedback will be ascertained for further action as required.
Such a relief to stop making CD's!!

Last edited by Reaper; 02-20-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:41 AM
omg
Default goodbye

Originally Posted by 4DZC
I truly am glad that your happy however the recalls do pertain to the 2015s...I know because one of my very best friend is a Nissan Master Tech. He said he is seeing more and more come thru for replacements of the CVT. Nissan tells them not the bother shipping the units back because they dont want them, so they simply send them for scrap. Nissan is trying to keep stuff quiet because they are not telling the service dept. very much at all. Just if a customer complains, handle it one on one....lots of otther info but I dont want to clog this thread up with all of the stuff.
I just wanted to stop by one last time as I still was receiving updates from this thread. I hope Mazda can get their crap together soon for those of you that are still patiently waiting, I know how miserable it was for me. Still enjoying our new Rogue it is amazing and we love it. It might not be ideal for some of you but I would suggest getting something else. Anything else instead of waiting in misery.. Goodbye everyone and good luck to you all.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:33 PM

Why get rid of a vehicle because of the infotainment center? I would rather that instead of a mechanical issue any time. I do like the Rogue, just not a CVT fan at all. Besides, the CX-5, to me is sportier...def quicker inspite of the fact that CVT is suppose to be better for acceleration, and it has a better crash rating, which I hope we never have to verify. Honestly though, hope you are happy, sounds that way, I wish you the best. Maybe I will see you over on the Nissan forums sometimes.

Old 03-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Default Does this fix it?

Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) #09-008/15

Mazda CS says it solves the iPod connecting problem.

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD