Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:03 PM

Hi all. I have a Mazda 6 2015 and struggled to get this USB thing under control. I am very curious to see if this is a Mazda-wide situation where hardware or firmware needs to be changed... Until that time, here is one solution that I found and 1 that I created.
1.) For USB playlists... I loaded the tunes I wanted onto my USB Drive. In one Windows Explorer window, I had the music folders listed. On the right of the screen, (I had the Windows Explorer window halved) I had opened sPlaylistmaker.
Dragged the tunes into sPlaylistmaker and saved the playlist name (onto the USB drive, of course. Works like a charm. You have to have the option for "Add #EXTM3U header line to playlist files". Bang. Done.

2.) for the "Brainwashing Effect" of hearing the SAME FLIPPING TUNE every time you open the USB option in audio...
I recorded a 2 Minute audio file of total silence which I titled "0" (zero with no quotes). Now, when I start my car, I am not attacked by the same tune incessantly. Ahhh... and having the playlist feature now working, I'm good.

I used Audacity - a free music editor to record the silent file. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I'll update if this solution does not work... Necessity IS the mother of invention...

Thanks all. Hope that little bit helps. Kudos to whomever pointed me in the direction of sPlaylistmaker... Skwire Empire » sPlaylistMaker

String

Last edited by stringdriver; 01-11-2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Forgot Sig
Old 01-09-2015, 08:46 AM

What is sPlaylist? I have Windows 7 and have no program by that name

Old 01-09-2015, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by JonW
What is sPlaylist? I have Windows 7 and have no program by that name
Nevermind... Found it on the internet and downloaded it.

Thanks.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:55 AM
Question

Originally Posted by stringdriver
Hi all. I have a Mazda 6 2015 and struggled to get this USB thing under control. I am very curious to see if this is a Mazda-wide situation where hardware or firmware needs to be changed... Until that time, here is one solution that I found and 1 that I created.
1.) For USB playlists... I loaded the tunes I wanted onto my USB Drive. In one Windows Explorer window, I had the music folders listed. On the right of the screen, (I had the Windows Explorer window halved) I had opened sPlaylistmaker.
Dragged the tunes into sPlaylistmaker and saved the playlist name (onto the USB drive, of course. Works like a charm. You have to have the option for "Add #EXTM3U header line to playlist files". Bang. Done.

2.) for the "Brainwashing Effect" of hearing the SAME FLIPPING TUNE every time you open the USB option in audio...
I recorded a 2 Minute audio file of total silence which I titled "0" (zero with no quotes). Now, when I start my car, I am not attacked by the same tune incessantly. Ahhh... and having the playlist feature now working, I'm good.

I used Audacity - a free music editor to record the silent file. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I'll update if this solution does not work... Necessity IS the mother of invention...

Thanks all. Hope that little bit helps. Kudos to whomever pointed me in the direction of sPlaylistmaker... Skwire Empire » sPlaylistMaker

String

Does it work?

Old 01-19-2015, 06:51 AM

String
Sorry, not working, tested the 0 method, still back to square one, last song not resumed.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:24 AM

The solution I mentioned worked for what I was hoping for. As someone mentioned with a USB drive in your computer, when you turn the computer off, the USB drive becomes non-connected. When the car is turned off (as I remember it) and the doors are not opened, when you resume listening, the UBS drive does remember where it was. I haven't tested that, but it's happened a couple of times that I think I remember. (ha- SOLID!)

The blank audio file named "0" is a blessing, indeed. 2 Minutes of opportunity to pick what to listen to without the dreaded "whateverthefirsttuneontheusbdriveis" playback.

I truly hope that we can see a firmware update. Even if it is to search by alpha instead of miles of scrolling through album, artist, etc., names.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Angry

The solution I mentioned worked for what I was hoping for. As someone mentioned with a USB drive in your computer, when you turn the computer off, the USB drive becomes non-connected. When the car is turned off (as I remember it) and the doors are not opened, when you resume listening, the UBS drive does remember where it was. I haven't tested that, but it's happened a couple of times that I think I remember. (ha- SOLID!)

The blank audio file named "0" is a blessing, indeed. 2 Minutes of opportunity to pick what to listen to without the dreaded "whateverthefirsttuneontheusbdriveis" playback.

I truly hope that we can see a firmware update. Even if it is to search by alpha instead of miles of scrolling through album, artist, etc., names.

How long did you start the car again after turning it off? If it's less than a minute, it works (iPod Nano tested, but maybe it was just my luck for less than a minute then, after that, read on..), more than 1 minute, back to first song. So, it's NOT working whatever method there is. Because once you plugged in the port (for USB), without plugging it out (just leave the USB sitting in the port), when you start the car, it will starts reading the USB for a few seconds, again.. and then it starts the first song, again.. Same as iPod Nano. Using AUX, it resumes the last song (for my Nano), but I forgot to switched off my iPod, so it drained the battery and I have to recharged it. And for now, I just burnt my songs into a CD. Funny, it was like the era when USB not yet existed. (being sarcastic)..

Old 01-28-2015, 06:34 AM
omg
Default Found a solution

Hello everyone still in Mazda misery. I found a fix for the infotainment problems, shaky mirror problems, shaky hood problems, and shaky window problems (try rolling your front windows down a few inches while driving at about 70mph). Solution to all the problems: I traded the POS in for a 2015 Nissan Rogue and all problems are gone, btw.... Infotainment system is flawless in this thing.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:40 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by omg
hello everyone still in mazda misery. I found a fix for the infotainment problems, shaky mirror problems, shaky hood problems, and shaky window problems (try rolling your front windows down a few inches while driving at about 70mph). Solution to all the problems: I traded the pos in for a 2015 nissan rogue and all problems are gone, btw.... Infotainment system is flawless in this thing.
lol :d

Old 01-29-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by omg
Hello everyone still in Mazda misery. I found a fix for the infotainment problems, shaky mirror problems, shaky hood problems, and shaky window problems (try rolling your front windows down a few inches while driving at about 70mph). Solution to all the problems: I traded the POS in for a 2015 Nissan Rogue and all problems are gone, btw.... Infotainment system is flawless in this thing.
Weren't the Rogues just included in that giant Nissan recall? Fires or something right?

I'll take usb issues (not that I have those with an iphone) over fires anyday.

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD