Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 02:05 PM

Sure - I was using Sirius as an example. For me, it also works to play the regular radio as well while my iPod loads. Since it doesn't look like a fix is imminent, I'm just trying to find ways to make it more bearable!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:20 AM
Default Petition Update from Dan

"Jul 29, 2014 — Thank you again to my petition supporters! The numbers keep climbing day by day, hopefully Mazda is noting the numbers increase as well.

I haven't heard much from Mazda about the status of the software update, or know of any real progress, unfortunately. I often get unconfirmed reports that an update is coming soon, though more recently these reports have been more detailed. Though, all of my sources have been outside NA/North America.

In other unrelated news, I'd like to cordially invite Mazda6 Owners in the New England region of the USA to the 2nd Annual Great Mazda Mountain Climb, taking place on Saturday, August 16th 2014. The event will take place in North Adams, MA (USA). Here's some information from the host:

---
My name is Stephen Gemme and I am President and Co-Founder of New England Mazda 6s (NEM6). We have a large-scale event coming up and would love to see as many Mazda owners there as possible.

The event is The Great Mazda Climb, an event held annually by my group. Our events are always kept as family-friendly as possible, and we encourage people to bring their loved ones. We started the event last year and it was a huge success. We sent 58 Mazdas and almost 100 enthusiasts into the clouds, literally. The event was held at the base of Mt. Washington, concluding with a sunset drive to the peak: people are still raving about it.

This year, however, we've opted to hold the event at Mt. Greylock in Adams, Massachusetts. It's the highest peak in MA.

The details for the entire meet can be found on our website: The Great Mazda Climb
---

I will likely be attending the event, and would love to see some fellow 6 owners there as well.

*I promise not to promote anything else with my updates, and I make zero profit from this event.*

Be sure to register at The Great Mazda Climb if you plan on attending. After registering, OR if you have any petition-related questions/comments/complaints e-mail me at dan@cyclopscomputers.com

Thanks again to all of you loyal supporters."

Old 08-01-2014, 06:26 AM

Back in March 2013 Gene Geary started this thread and here we are 17 months later and Mazda have done nothing but deceive and delay. Whilst this discussion has allowed people to vent their disappointment, the impact to Mazda, and therefore the pressure, on them to rectify their faulty equipment, is minimal. Especially when their sales are growing; after all us poor saps have already boosted their sales. (I wonder if Gene still has his?) I believe the only way to increase the pressure on Mazda is to have an impact on their profitability. I certainly wouldn't have brought a Mazda if I was aware how terrible the audio was. Seems to me that word of mouth (email) would have a greater impact on profitability than this forum will. If you believe in 6 degrees of separation imagine the impact us hundred odd could have..........

Old 08-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Thumbs up The wait is over... For me anyway

Hello all..

Just to let you know that I have today had the fabled module installed in my Mazda 6.

No change to the unit cosmetically, still the same one with the exact same finger marks all over it.

iPod now starts playing in about 10 seconds. (This is a 120GB classic which is nearly full) and resumes from the song that was playing last, which is a good thing.

It appears that the speech recognition runs in the background whilst the iPod is playing, so if you want to change what is playing using the iPod menu's you can't, you can skip forwards and back though.

The bluetooth also seems a lot less flakey too, I assume something has been done to that as all the devices have been deleted.

Anyone hoping that this update will help with any gapless playback issues is out of luck though, as the massive gaps between songs will make pretty much any mixed CD, prog rock CD and classical CD virtually unlistenable, time to re-encode all my discs as single files to get around this.

Anyway, this update is a massive improvement and was done within about an hour.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:43 AM

Thanks for your update and giving us all hope that this problem will be resolved soon. Now we just have to wait for it to come to the US and I hope to be one of the first on the list. I love listening to my ipod and this problem has really taking the quality of my music loving road trips down quite a few notches.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:59 AM

i am in the uk and i have a cx5 with bose system .it seems a fix (fingers crossed ) is on its way .i was asked to go to the dealer so they could take numbers etc so they could order the hardware fix and it should be done within the next 3 weeks .lets hope this is the the end of a very long road and i will never buy a mazda again

Old 08-03-2014, 09:43 AM

Ian,
Please let us know if this is something that they will notify us all about (I have a 2015 Mazda 6) or if we have to ask about it.
Thanks,
Anthony

Old 08-03-2014, 09:56 AM

The audio system in my 2015 Mazda 6 has the same problem of beginning again every time I play songs on my USB. It is ridiculous. Sometimes these software engineers are clueless. I would hope they would get a software update because if they don't, my next car will not be a Mazda.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:05 PM

Hello all,

I took my 2014 CX-5 GT in for 15,000 mile today. I had a few issues I wanted addressed.

1. The USB port using a USB stick always starting from the first track (or as Mazda says "working as anticipated")
2. The bluetooth module "eating" my third USB drive. Yes. Today, believe it or not, it killed my third drive. Typically, it starts losing information (artist, album, title), then either isn't recognized or comes up "USB Error" and greys out the USB tab.
3. The driver side mirror vibrates at highway speeds.

The service manager is the same dick from the last time. He knows nothing about any complaints, yada, yada. I went and talked to the closest thing they have to a techie guy. He's in agreement with me about everything - apparently the '16 CX-5 will have Mazda connect rather than what we have. I showed him this thread and many others, including the petition. He gets on the horn with Mazda USA.

They are replacing my bluetooth module. Whether it is an upgrade or not, or what we have been waiting for is TBD. They said it has a software upgrade or update. I will let you know the outcome, but apparently there is a TSB (tech service bulletin) related to the bluetooth module, but more specifically regarding the "icons" disappearing. If that is the defect, they replace immediately, if not, your case has to be proved. Mine was. USB drive dead. Right until I left the dealer, at which time it started working again, albeit from track one.

They are replacing both my side mirrors. There is a TSB on this as well. The fix is in the '15 mirrors, which are visibly different. But they can't just replace one, since they look different.

So, in about 1.5 - 2 weeks, I should be able to provide the outcome. I will let you know, and my fingers are crossed, but my level of hope is not very high.

Last edited by Yerfdog; 08-15-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:59 AM

hi
i am in the uk and have already had the hadware module fix .it dosent really fix the time it takes to connect ,ok its a little faster maybe.it fixes the usb problems but none of the bluetooth problems .i complianed about my mirrors too but was told in lesser words tuff.do i read right that they are aware and they have a fix for this problem too ?

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD