Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

HELP!! blown head gasket??

Old 11-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Default HELP!! blown head gasket??

hey guys im new on this
i have a mazda 323 hb 1992 and i have been having a few troubles with it lately!
about 2 months or so ago i noticed there was a lot of steam escaping from the bonnet each time i drove the car, only a few km or so. turned out to be a crack somewhere in the radiator so that got fixed. then i had the cambelt etc replaced a couple of weeks ago. since that i have noticed a funny sound when changing gears, mainly in the low gears. its sort of a whistling sound (really faint tho). any idea what this is and is it important??
but the real reason im on here is because after all this got fixed i noticed last week that there was once again steam escaping from the bonnet [](quite a lot of it) and the temperature gauge was normal. the engine always has been rather hot and often when you get out of the car it smells like somethings burning (maybe oil?). last time it was steaming the mechanic shop said it might be a blown head gasket but they found out it wasnt.
so im wondering if that is the problem this time? or how likely is it that it would be the radiator again after they just replaced it.
any help on this would be REALLY APPRECIATED! as im too scared to drive the car now in case i stuff it up further!
thanks

Old 11-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Default RE: HELP!! blown head gasket??

Check your oil for any signs of coolant. (It gets milky) If you see smoke out of the tailpipe....white means coolant and blue means oil.