Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Interior: Mazda6 LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:33 PM
AJ
Default Interior: Mazda6 LEDs

I have a stock Mazda6 that I'm starting to look at modding just for show. I'm starting with the inside and then working my way outside with it.

To start off, I'm COMPETELY new to this car modifying deal. I'm looking to get familiar with how to do these types of things myself and the such. I plan to add a couple modifications every month to the car. To start off, I was looking at LEDs for the dashboard. I saw a previous post where a guy had taken flexible LEDs and put them around the fans, *****, etc. etc. I really liked that idea and I want to do something like this. Is there anywhere that can give me a good walkthrough for this?

Also what to buy and where to buy it? I know thus far, from looking on eBay, a lot of kits plug into where your cigarette adapter is. Is there anyway I can hardwire this and make it so it goes through another switch instead? Could I buy a switch to mount on my dashboard or somewhere that allows me to plug several of these modifications in at once?

Thanks in advance for any help and ideas! I really want this thing to start to shine/glow.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Default RE: Interior: Mazda6 LEDs

Well your best bet is to go to your local automotive store. You can get those type of interior light kits from $10-$50 its not too expensive. Smaller lights can bepluged into the ciggarette lighterother have there own power supply. And they ussually come with an istruction book. Also alot of custom lighting is illegal so you might want to checkyou state laws before you throw down some big bucks.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:12 PM

I hardwired red LED's under my '07 6sdash to put down a glow on the floor. It was pretty easy and it looks great. The only trick was getting behind one of my cigarette lighters and tying into it. I got behind my center console lighter and hooked into it. My fusebox has the lighter on a 20 amp fuse. My 5 foot long strip draws 2.3 amps, so I could add a lot more if I needed to. I also ran a switch under my dash out of sight so I can turn off the circuit if i need to. The other cool part about using a cigarette lighter is that when you turn off the car, the lights will go out, so you don;t have to worry about battery draw. Any other questions let me know.

Matt
2007 6S MT

Old 06-05-2008, 12:56 PM

in my 04 mazda6s i installed purple lights in all my dome lights and trunk light and i plan on putting more purple lights in my vents so it gets a nice glow coming out of it. the vent lights r going to be pretty difficult because i need to drill holes, splice into another power source, and buy docks for the lights also. but the dome lights were very easy