General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

At warning light 08 mazda 5 HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Default At warning light 08 mazda 5 HELP

Hey All
My wife was driving our 08 mazda 5 when the AT warning light came on-- but no check engine light. I tried to pull codes but none found. THought maybe i was doing something wrong so I took it this morning to O'Reillys auto parts to see if they could pull codes but they couldn't because the CEL was not on.
..fluid smells great and still pink--- I have read some forums where the tss was the problem but all of them could pull codes. I have read some say it's the TCM also they had a code. THE shifting just seems off its like delayed shifting but not slipping and she said it feels like it never makes it to 5th gear.I can drive it in manual but that even seems strange.

What could it be??? Please comment

Old 09-29-2014, 09:28 PM

None of the parts stores can read transmission codes. You need to be able to read the TCM on a lot of cars. Not all codes set a check engine light,especially if it has a seperate computer ( TCM ) instead of a PCM which contains a transmission/fuel injection/ignition/emmision module all in one. Best bet is to have a repair shop pull the codes and go from there.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:00 AM

Just dropped the 5 off at a shop to see what codes could be. Praying for good news.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:17 PM

Thank God you bought the extended warrantee! I guess this repair will pay you for what you spent on the warrantee huh?

Old 03-07-2023, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by jsbon
Just dropped the 5 off at a shop to see what codes could be. Praying for good news.
Originally Posted by jsbon
Hey All
My wife was driving our 08 mazda 5 when the AT warning light came on-- but no check engine light. I tried to pull codes but none found. THought maybe i was doing something wrong so I took it this morning to O'Reillys auto parts to see if they could pull codes but they couldn't because the CEL was not on.
..fluid smells great and still pink--- I have read some forums where the tss was the problem but all of them could pull codes. I have read some say it's the TCM also they had a code. THE shifting just seems off its like delayed shifting but not slipping and she said it feels like it never makes it to 5th gear.I can drive it in manual but that even seems strange.

What could it be??? Please comment
Did you find out issue? Can you post results or send to me?

Old 03-07-2023, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn.jeanjacques@gmail.com
Did you find out issue? Can you post results or send to me?
Welcome to the forum

Unless you are just curious about his Mazda issue if you are having something similar you should post what information you have. If you look at the date that this thread was started it has been a long while?