General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Trouble with Mazda rx8 after a flat battery

Old 03-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Default Trouble with Mazda rx8 after a flat battery

Hello everyone i was wondering if anyone can help me. Im an idiot and left my boot open which resulted in a flat battery. I recharged the battery and everying seemed good but alas its a Mazda and it nothing ever goes to plan with them. So as im driving the dsc and slippery road lights on my dash start flashing. then after about 20mins driving everytime i slow down at a junction the car cuts out and i have to start it up. So i have to keep the revs up as i slow down. So i get to my destination and turn the car off after 10mins rest i start the car up go for a spin round the block car is fine again no flashing lights and its not cutting out. so i stop again and leave the car for 4 hours. When i start up to head home everything fine for about 12miles then the air bag light flashes and then stays on and as i slow down the car cuts out again AGHHHH help is there a reset button or do i have to take it to the dealer?

Old 03-23-2010, 01:01 AM

Well for the DSC and Traction light that are flashing what you want to do is start the car and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right. This will fix the flashing DSC, then turn the car off and restart the car and the traction light will turn off. the air bag light flashes due to the steering sensor not being calibrated but is fixed with what i described before. The stalling issue could be a variety of things. But first try turning the key to the on position(dont start car) within 10 seconds you have to press the brake pedal 20 times, if you did this correctly the oil gauge will sweep. After this turn key off. wait 1 min then start car. What this did is reset the eccentric shaft profile. Hope this helps!