General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Radio issues Mazda 6 2003

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 04:33 AM
Default Radio issues Mazda 6 2003

Hi, i have a pretty serious issue with my radio that I hope someone here could help me with
I can upload some pictures later to better explain my problem later, but right now I'm just on my phone at work.
Yesterday I was going to install an active sub woofer under the passenger seat to improve the sound system a little as I have the none Bose system. Removed the radio from the center console without a problem, ran the cables through the firewall without a problem and connected the subwoofer by splitting the signal from the front and left speakers and the power from a blue cable with silver dots on it as it had a nice stable current which faded quickly when the ignition was turned off.
Anyways all seemed to go very well until I built the radio back into the console and tried to turn everything on... Now there is no sound at all, several pretty much all the lights on the left side of the radio don't work ( but the buttons work) and the buttons on the right side of the radio do not work ( but the lights work) ... I disconnected all the wires for the sub and reconnected everything as original an still the issue persists. There is also a problem with the screen as ac works fine, but the screen no longer displays temperature air flow or strength. None of the 4 buttons around the screen work either.... I can't test with a CD as the CD button is on the right side, but there is not a sound, not even static coming from the radio. Please do anyone have any tips?

Old 10-23-2014, 10:17 AM

Sounds internal to the radio. If all fuses are good then I'm afraid your radio did not like your addon.