General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mazda Radio code reset

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:45 PM

I thought it did not work as well - but you need to check you are definately pushing the right buttons. I have an 04 Mazda 6 and was pushing the wrong Seek ^ it is the opposite to the Auto M end of the panel. If it works for the majority just have another go.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Beenie
My thanks to Blue_Sp20 for the radio code - I tried it one last time before going to my dealer and it worked just as it said on the tin. The computer and clock both started working again as normal. I am sooo grateful I saw this website.
Beenie
So have you tried this several times before it ones just started.

Because I've tried many times without anything. Was your car on or just on ACC? After every try did you repull the ignition.

Don't want to buy a new controlunit.. please help

Old 10-20-2009, 07:31 PM

The following worked for my '98 323. Hope it helps those who haven't had much luck!

Key combination scan, am/fm, auto-m, seek ^
Code 3511

Good luck!

Old 10-23-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by jerrycort
So have you tried this several times before it ones just started.

Because I've tried many times without anything. Was your car on or just on ACC? After every try did you repull the ignition.

Don't want to buy a new controlunit.. please help
It was just on ACC - I was originally pressing the wrong up^ above the Auto M and it was actually on the otherside of the panel Seek^ after good the screen went blank until I put in the reset codes then everything worked fine. Good luck

Old 10-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Smile radio code

Thanks so much for the code
Rang Mazda Darwin and they said i would have to drop of the car at 7.30 am,
and they couldn't tell me haw long it would take.
Well it took me all of 5 minutes and it's all working fine now.
Probably save my self $100.00 busks as well.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:43 PM

Got a similar problem to what you guys have been having but with a twist. I have a 2003 Mazda Tribute with the 6 disc in dash CD player. A few months back I had a CD that mis-feed into the CD changer and jam the unit. The AM/FM radio and tape player still worked fine. I finally got around to pulling the radio out and getting the CDs out of the radio. I pulled the unit out, detached the CD changer, popped the lid off and was able to slide the CDs that had mis-feed out of the tray. I then reassembled the CD player and reinstalled in the dash. When I went to attempt to power the car up nothing happened. The radio has a blank screen, no lights, no errs... nothing. Checked the fuses and made sure that the unit was getting both the main 12Vdc and the remote/aux line when the key was in the ACC position.

I am at a loss as to what could be happening. I have tried to type in some codes into the thing but without the display doing anything I doubt that my tinkering is doing anything.

If any of you guys/gals know what might be causing the radio to not power on I'd appreciate the help. Thanks

Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 AM

i tried everything you said to unlock my radio in my '04 mazda rx-8. it didnt work. what button on the radio are you using for the "9" and the "8" and it present 6 just the "6" button? ive tried a few differnet codes and got no reaction. i think there might be a differnet code for my car. i havent found anyone whos talks about trying it on a rx-8 yet.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Default I hope this works for me :)

I'm going to try these codes on my 2004 Mazda6. My battery recently died and since then none of the buttons work for my cd player except for the eject button. Nor does the volume controls on the steering wheel work. Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions everyone!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Default CD Player Reset :)

My cd player needed to be reset and before I tried the reset codes, I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. THAT WORKED! It reset everything and now my cd player and all of the buttons are working again

Old 02-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Default 2003 Mazda MX5

A big thank you guys, after the recent cold weather we have had here in the UK, we had a flat battery and guess what no radio code. Spoke to Mazda, they wanted £50 to do the job. Again, chaps a big thank you although I did have to use the 1414 and not the 5989. Regards and thanks Tony

Quick Reply: Mazda Radio code reset