General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mazda Radio code reset

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 02:06 PM

Hello, thanks so much for your post. I did succeed up to step three but the problem is that the word "Good" never pop up.

It takes me back to the error screen after pressing Auto M and Preset 6 on Step three.

Please help, my 02 Tribute GSI 4WD has become too boring.

Thank you

Old 11-26-2014, 03:09 PM

There should be a 2 inch white sticker with the 4 digit code stuck on the inside of your glove box somewhere.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:07 AM
Thumbs up 2002 Mazda Tribute 2.0 Petrol GSI 4WD Radio Code Reset

First i give a massive thanks to Blue_SP20 and those who posted threads with reference to "1414" code.

Success!!!

My beloved Tribute's Radio now in full working order.

I was so daft not to read through all the thread, just read Blue's post and instruction and away i went using the "4989" and never gone past "step three", never got the "Good" message displayed. I repeated this several times without success until i read through the threads and discovered that most Tribute owners with this problem used "1414" and reported it worked, so i did this morning and it worked.

In fact my Radio started working immediately after the "Good" message was displayed. Now as good as new.

So should Owners of this wonderful 4x4 gets locked out with "ERR" message on their Radio, just follow "Blue's instructions but use "1414" instead of "4989" and your problem is over.

Thank you Mazda Forum.

Period

Old 11-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Default Super Forum

I would like to second everything Akin said.
The number of times Ive entered codes I wouldn't be able to say!
I can't thank the team enough, to have my radio working again is a godsend.

Great forum, Great information!

Happy christmas to all! :

Old 12-11-2014, 06:15 PM

Hello there everyone.
Has anybody tried Blue's method on a 2007 mazda 6 diesel?

Old 01-04-2015, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Car dummy
I have been able to reset the audio system of my Premacy 2005 with the code 1414 found also on another car enthousiast website.
Many thanks 4 help.
Please. State stepwise how you unlocked your Mazda primacy radio. Thanks

Old 03-04-2015, 02:19 PM

Just had to change the battery in my Mazda mx5 mk3 on a 2006 plate. It consequently wiped my radio out and up came the CODE message. Dealers wanted silly money and cheek to reset the radio. So I followed Blue_SP20 method and although tried several times it didn't work on the 4989 setting but had seen other codes online. What eventually worked with great delight was 3511 and the GOOD message meant the radio was alive again. So, even though I was about to throw in the metaphoric towel and reluctantly and annoyingly book a dealer slot to reset it I'm glad I persevered and am now a much happier chap. Interestingly, a number of radio code suppliers I tried couldn't access Mazda codes?
And as for the handbook stating that after three goes it locks you out! Rubbish - I must have tried about 20 times at least! Perhaps Mazda want you to believe that so they can charge you ridiculous prices for something that should be your right through ownership anyway!

Old 03-16-2015, 11:26 AM

Hey. Thanks for the help. 1414 Work for my Mazda CX7, and not for Mazda

Old 03-26-2015, 04:58 PM

I have a 2005 sp23 with Bose 6 disc cd with steering wheel controls. On a very cold morning (9 deg. f) , car almost did not start. Afterwards I could not change radio volume or station, CODE was on display. After turning car off radio would not turn on. Started reading here about entering the numbers. My radio has one button for AM/FM. I can get the numbers to show on the display but can't seem to ENTER them. Never get ERR message. Then I discovered by pushing the mode button on the steering wheel the radio will play 1 FM1 station, 1 FM2 station, AM station is engine rpm buzz, (pretty cool sometimes I listen to this, lol) . Volume is fixed (LOUD) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-30-2015, 05:43 PM
Default MX-5 2006 2.0 Sport with 6cd Bose

Originally Posted by morrice
Finally managed to get radio working again, I have a mazda 3 mps 57 plate and had tried all codes etc nothing worked. Whilst Err is flashing I pressed round power button and FM1/2 together for 10 seconds, radio give a bleep and is now back in action.
Tried all codes mentioned in posts but none worked for me...Above procedure worked first time...many thanks! 😀

Quick Reply: Mazda Radio code reset