General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mazda Premacy Servicing in UK

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Default Mazda Premacy Servicing in UK

I have a 2001 Mazda Premacy 1.8 in the UK.

It needs a cambelt change.

Where can I get a manual.

Where is the best place to buy a cambelt kit - do I need to replace tensioners and pulleys/rollers.

Do the tappets ever need adjusting. At what mileage. Is this easy?

I am experienced on engines- done heads, other cambelts on vauxhalls etc.

Where is the fuel filter?

Is the 1.8 premacy engine used in other Mazdas or Fords?

Thank you for any help.....

Old 08-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Default premacy 1.8

for info is same engine as 626 uses, may also been used in 323, premacy is basically mongrel made up from 626/323 bits!!

Old 08-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

... Or this one?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:34 PM

Hi there, you will need a cam belt and a new modified tensioner including tensioner spring. The new tensioner has a rivett through the hole Best to buy Mazda Genuine parts.
The Fuel filter is down by the transmission , tis a little tricky but easy when you have done it a few times . Tappets are hydraulic bucket shim type measure the clearence of the the tappet and bucket shim. Good Luck.

Last edited by Master P; 08-12-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:42 AM

i also have a premacy sport 2.0 2003 plate, i wanted to get hold of a manual of some sort or even a workshop cd? but as there are very little premacys here in the uk its hard to find out info.

is this the same engine ect as the mazda 5?

Old 10-30-2010, 06:01 AM

Mmmmm its not the same as the the premacy your mazda 3 is bullet proof , they are chain driven and use 5w-30 semi synthetic dexelia oil you can buy it a mazda parts counter , we use that in everything other than the diesel engines . as for a manual ours are all online they used to be on C.D but some information is incorrect, ask at your local mazda dealer they should help you out if you ever need any info ask me and il see what i can do for ya. pauliewallie@hotmail.co.uk

Old 11-08-2010, 03:32 PM

right... i was thinking it looked like a 636 engine so am trying to find a manual for it, i`m guessing as it done at 56000 miles it is belt driven and not chain? what about tools like flywheel locking tool?

does anyone know of any known faults on this thing i`ve heard people call it bullet proof but surely something goes wrong??

Old 11-08-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Master P
Mmmmm its not the same as the the premacy your mazda 3 is bullet proof , they are chain driven and use 5w-30 semi synthetic dexelia oil you can buy it a mazda parts counter , we use that in everything other than the diesel engines . as for a manual ours are all online they used to be on C.D but some information is incorrect, ask at your local mazda dealer they should help you out if you ever need any info ask me and il see what i can do for ya. pauliewallie@hotmail.co.uk
I just looke it up and the Mazda Premacy in in fact the same vehicle as the Mazda5. True different regions around the world may have different engine options, but they really are the same car beyond that.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:18 AM

so it is the maxda 5 then?? mainly the engine i`m looking at as i need to change the cam belt i`m at 54000miles now could you point me in the direction of any workshop manuals please??

i`m hoping this engine picture may help someone understand.

Last edited by virgin1; 11-09-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Your link isn't working and must be broken. I tried to fix it to see what you were talking about, but I basically got the same red-X you are getting.

My guess is a 2001 would have a 2.0 or 2.2L from a 626 since the MZR engines hadn't been released to the public then, at least here in the States? As far as I know, 2003 was the world-wide release of that engine series.

You "may" have the older engine that would use a cam belt and would be a non-interference engine (the ones that sustain internal damage when the belt breaks,) but for a 2000+ car, 54k miles should not be of major concern. I would be more worried @ 90-100k miles.

Since you have a "euro" spec car, we (US/North American citizen's) are not liable to be able to help you directly. Not that we wouldn't, just couldn't. You may have to search your local parts (spares) store or eBay UK to find what you are looking for.

Just my 0.02.

Last edited by virgin1; 11-09-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Mazda Premacy Servicing in UK