General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

mazda 626 lx 2.0 erratic idle help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Default mazda 626 lx 2.0 erratic idle help!!!!!!!!

I think my mazda is haunted!!!!!!
1993 626 2.0 now has 137000 miles
Bought this car a few years back had a high idle engine light on. coded speed sensor at the time. replaced with used throttle alittle better but still having problems: then changed maf, dist, plugs, wires, check timimg ect........ still has a mind of its own engine light not on any more. Finally gave up drove the way it is for 6 yrs. fixed other issues alt trans over the years. Well decided to tackle the problem again in order for my daughter to drive. Basically went through and checked all possible problems. Changed plugs wires, cleaned iac valve, maf, checked for vaccume leaks. Swapped parts went thrrough again. It either runs rpm 1000 - 3000 or drops to 500-600 and shakes. Do some cleaning reajusting reset acts half way decient then starts all over again. Some times accels by itself to 25-30 mph. stop and idle drops. Take to another outside mechanic ( work for used car lot )5th or 6th person that said no problem i can fix ityesterday.I am nowdetermind to fix this car. Mech calls yesterday says he thinks its a air leak from the manifold intake gasket. Okay I'll buy that as a possible solution ask for price, he wants to hold off till next day to further check it out. Called this morning asked did the car ever cut of and not want to start. Never may had been erratic but always started or restarted and go me where i had to go. Says went to take air filter off and car died and wont start. called a little later said maybe the dist. hes gonna change it.called again after changing dst says car started still not smooth but 80% better still some shaking. asked him to drive drive drive because have had 80% better before and goes right back acting up.. (hopefully this is the problem but wonder why dist would all of a sudden go out) still waiting on call back didnt mention any thing else about intake leak.

If any body has any suggestions please let me know. I still say its haunted !!!!!!( not sure why I'm keeping it afterI paid it off. crazy I guessand it always wants to really act up when I have a potential buyer)