General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

iPod in Mazda Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Smile iPod in Mazda Review

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum. I have a 2005 Mazda 3 GT Sedan and I just figured I'd post about my experience getting my iPod hooked up to my factory car stereo. Not sure if anyone is interested but here goes ...

After many stupid attempts with FM Transmitters, and not wanting to put a custom deck and ruin the look of my Mazda interior I decided to go the Neo Car Audio PODMAZ2V9 route in March 2009. I was skeptical because it was an expensive product ($140 USD) and I maybe could have gotten the same results with a cheaper product, but decided to this way and GODDAMN GLAD I DID!

I have had nothing but fantastic results I must say. My iPod 4GB Nano 3rd Generation & my 8GB iTouch (I think it's 2nd gen) both work flawlessly, audio quality through speakers is fantastic, no interference, easy to use - can switch tracks / playlists through my steering wheel controls. Honestly couldn't be a better setup. To switch back and forth between my radio, CD player and iPod I simply click AM/FM, or the CD button once to go to the CD Player and then hit the CD button a second time to get to the iPod. The other good part about this is that it charges my iPod as well.

That being said, the only problem that I have had with it since March happened last week and caused me to look into my stereo in further depth. Suddenly (no changes had been done) and my CD's and iPod Stopped working all together, mind you I could still insert and eject CD's but my stereo would not go into CD mode to playback anything. Lo and behold, after some suggestions of Neo (of which their service people were pretty prompt), they suggested I either remove the Battery + Cable from my battery or simply remove my radio fuse from the Passenger fuse compartment. I tried the fuse suggestion, but it didn't work and I was hesitant to try the Battery cable removal because I didn't want to have to put in a radio code if in the case my stereo asked me when hooking the battery back up and turning my car on because I don't have the code, nor do I want to pay Mazda to plug in a factory stupid default code to fix it. I then decided to open up my dashboard, pop out the stereo, remove the iPod device for about 5 minutes, plugged it back in and I was good to go. So I've had once issue since March and had to unplug and plug the device back in again. Easy as pie!

neil

Old 06-09-2010, 03:35 PM

well thank you it did provide me with some information on the subject. i just have one question i know that their is what looks like a AUX jack to the right of the ipod connection on the box and Im just wondering does that also work?