General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

DPF Service Indicator Resetting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Question DPF Service Indicator Resetting?

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to reset a the DPF service indicator light on a MY 2007 Mazda 6?

I have serviced the car myself as I didn’t want to be held to ransom by Mazda and charged extortionate prices for simplest of work!

The DPF itself is fully functioning and not going through a regeneration process, the light is flashing purely for the service.

I have connected diagnostic software to the ECU via an OBD2 link which doesn’t see any faults, although you can reset the ECU and the light extinguishes for about 5 seconds!

There is a method used for the MY 2006 version by electrically connecting a pin to the chassis and depressing the gas pedal 5 times – unfortunately this didn’t work! I have even tried the same pressing the pedal 10 times! Here is the link http://www.cdn.dk/mazda6/tips.htm

Can anyone recommend any OBD2 software that will clear the flashing light or know of any further actions that will clear it?

I am UK based so there may be some variations.

Thanks in advance

Carl

Old 10-05-2011, 07:19 AM

sorry cant help as i have the same proplem on my 2008 57 mazda 6 sl, so if you do find out please forward on details.
cheers canary1

Old 10-06-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by CANARY1
sorry cant help as i have the same proplem on my 2008 57 mazda 6 sl, so if you do find out please forward on details.
cheers canary1
Hi Canary1,

Yes I have managed to reset the DPF light on my 07 Maxda6, I should have posted somthing earlier!

The process is the same as the link provided although the fusebox is slightly different to the picture, I did try this several times without success but eventully managed to do it!

The cable connections to chassis or earth and the terminal within the socket have to be clean to make a good contact surface (use WD40 and sandpaper or similar) I think i heard a click when the connection was eventully made (ignition was on at this time) then pressed the accelerator pedal 10 times (done this twice) ignition OFF the On then all was clear!

let me know how you get on!

Good Luck,

Carl

Old 10-14-2011, 05:53 AM

Cheers Carl, worked a treat. thats £48 that the mazda stealers wont be getting any longer for 5 mins work.

Canary1

Old 10-31-2011, 04:33 AM
Default DPF reset on the 5?

Hi,

Just wondered if there was an equivalent reset possible on the Mazda 5 to the one Carl69 posted for the 6. I have a 2008 Mazda 5 Sport 2.0 Diesel. and had the car serviced at an independent garage which was cheaper and more local than the Mazda main stealer. They now want £52 to reset the light!

thanks

Old 11-02-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Carl63
Hi,

Just wondered if there was an equivalent reset possible on the Mazda 5 to the one Carl69 posted for the 6. I have a 2008 Mazda 5 Sport 2.0 Diesel. and had the car serviced at an independent garage which was cheaper and more local than the Mazda main stealer. They now want £52 to reset the light!

thanks
Hi,

Have you tried following the link on my previous posts? I'm guessing that the procedure will be similar being a Mazda.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Carl

Old 01-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Default Reset my dpf

Hi All,

Totally new to this but great to see there's advice and help out there.

I too have the same problem (service oil&filter myself)

This would be my first time re-setting the DPF

So could you advise on what i need and how to achieve the re-set.

I've read through previous post but still unsure?

Thanks

Old 01-29-2012, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by samtan72
Hi All,

Totally new to this but great to see there's advice and help out there.

I too have the same problem (service oil&filter myself)

This would be my first time re-setting the DPF

So could you advise on what i need and how to achieve the re-set.

I've read through previous post but still unsure?

Thanks
Hi,

Have you seen this website http://www.cdn.dk/mazda6/tips.htm?

This site gives the detail on how to reset the indicator, the difference is on some newer cars the accelerator pedal has to be pressed 10 times rather than 5.

Good luck

Carl

Old 01-29-2012, 06:22 AM

Thanks really helpful

On point 2.

What does that mean (Pin)

1. Ignition on
2. Connect the pin in the red circle to earth (chassis).
3. Press the accelerator to the floor and realese 5 times.
4. Ignition off.

Thanks again

Old 01-30-2012, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by samtan72
Thanks really helpful

On point 2.

What does that mean (Pin)

1. Ignition on
2. Connect the pin in the red circle to earth (chassis).
3. Press the accelerator to the floor and realese 5 times.
4. Ignition off.

Thanks again
Point 2 means you have to connect a wire between the connection in the photo and the vehicle chassis. I would use something like a paperclip or similar for the connector and connect the other end by loosening a nut or bolt on the chassis and retightening.

You must ensure you have a good electrical connection otherwise it won't work, when i tryed this for the first time it took a few attempts.

Good Luck

Carl

Quick Reply: DPF Service Indicator Resetting?