General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Do headers void warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Default Do headers void warranty???

I wanted to purchase some headers for my vehicle but before i do so, will my warranty be voided for my car? I have an 05 mazda6s.

Old 12-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Default RE: Do headers void warranty???

The dealer would have to prove that the headers caused the failure. i.e. anything that you monkey with to get them in there may be suspect, but in the end the dealer has to prove the headers caused something to fail.. (like if you burned up an exhaust valve or something, they might not want to cover it.) I would think it would void the warranty for the specific parts you are changing. (Exhaust.)

Old 12-26-2005, 04:01 AM
Default RE: Do headers void warranty???

Very true. Warranty will only be affected for related part/failures. Do not think that a header would cause any problems as long as it does not cause a problem with emissions. The front warm up CAT should be located after the manifold/header so that would not be a problem as long as the header has a port for installing the front O2 sensor which it definitely should. Otherwise would not see a problem with a header pipe. Even if it does with your dealer (if they are very picky), all you have to do if a related problem arises is to reinstall the OE pipe and if the problem is still there then warranty is still valid. Remember that your warranty package is very flexible and will allow for you to make changes to your vehicle. A change to one system will only affect that one system but not anything else. ie. if you install aftermarket wheels/tires and then say that car vibrates on highway and cause is determined to be from the aftermarket then that is not covered but the entire rest of your warranty is still intact and still valid.