General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 MPV o/d light flashing/ no code??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Default 2000 MPV o/d light flashing/ no code??

Upon starting my2000 MPV, the overdrive light is off and turns on and off by mashing the button (all normal). As soon as it is shifted out of "park", the light starts flashing, no movement is needed to start the flashing, andit continues flashing untill the engine is shut off no matter where the shift lever is set.No code is received by the computer. I can tell by the shifts thatthe transmissionis in the fail safe mode. The switch has been checked and is o.k. What reallyconfuses me is theno code showing up.Could this just be a broken wire? Wouldn't a failed solenoid show as a check engine light and a code? If it was a shift lever location problem wouldn"t placing it back in park and mashing the button stop it?This started after an engine overhaul, if the wiring harness from the transmission to the computer was damaged or not pluged in would this cause a computer code or not? My main concern again-why no code??