General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1989 B2600i starts then dies after warm up

Old 03-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Default 1989 B2600i starts then dies after warm up

New parts: EFI relay, Fuel pump, Fuel filter, ECM, Distributor, Igniter, Coil, Spark plug wires.

Any Ideas?!? Help!

Jack

Old 04-04-2012, 04:58 AM

perhaps the idle speed is too low? Perhaps the fuel injector needs to be adjusted after installing all those new parts? A tune-up may help.
Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about auto mechanics. This shouldn't be mistaken for knowledgeable advice.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:31 AM

Did you ever solve the problem? i have the same problem on my truck.

Best regards
Andreas

Old 10-19-2016, 12:38 PM

Here is a post of mine from quite awhile ago. My truck is still running.

My 92 b2600i had the exact same problem. I checked the fuel pump with a pressure gauge, replaced the regulator on the injection rail and changed the firewall mounted gas filter. Nothing. Would not start.
I started digging around on the internet and found that this is a common problem on older cars using the same ECM that our trucks do.
I contacted AVPRO and they rebuilt my ECM. When I got it back, I put it in the truck and it fired right up. That was 3 or 4 years ago, and it runs like a top. Here is an email I received from them at the time:

support@av​proecm.com

Hello, the computer you are looking for is so rare people are breaking into cars to steal them. The only unit we have we are using for parts. The cost to repair that ecm is $160 US, $195 Canada (price INCLUDES return priority mail). If ecms arrive before 11 AM we have time to process them and get them sent out the same day via USPS Priority mail. The warranty is for as long as you own the car. Priority to AvPro, P.O. box 6612, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33932 is the best way to send to us as we are on an island and other carriers do not get here until after noon to as late as 10 PM. PLEASE include name, address and phone # inside the box with the ecm.

Business checks or certified payment only. No credit cards. Postal M.O.s cost about a dollar. These should be included with the unit or C.O.D. charges will apply.

Thank you for the email. Any other questions please call or send your phone #. Nick

Just for clarity, what we sell is a lifetime warranty. If a unit arrives here we HAVE to determine a problem before it can be repaired. If the unit is still operational we will make upgrades to insure it will CONTINUE to work in the future and we are confident enough to warrant it as long as you own the car.(Truck)"

Contact them first, as prices may have changed. They brought my truck back from the dead, hopefully, they can help you.
They do have a web site. www.avproecm.com

Old 10-19-2016, 12:49 PM

hi, Thanks for a quick answer!

Sadly i have allready tried to change the ecu two times with no luck...