Electronics, Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Flash Tuning - Performance ECU Recalibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Default Flash Tuning - Performance ECU Recalibration

Good Morning everyone. My names Justin Owner/Head Tuner at Twisted Tuning based out of NY. Most people already know me or at a minimum, my car. My name on all other sites is "The Great NY" which is what most people know me as. My car is the white Twin Turbo Mazda 6 that has been around for a while.

Hit me up... www.Facebook.com/twistedtuned by Twisted Visionz Photography, on Flickr

Anyway, just spreading the word that i have started offering Performance ECU tuning publically again. I used to do it a long while ago, then would just do locals, but every kept telling me i should start spreading again. so here I am. I have well over a decade of experience in tuning and building cars/trucks and bikes. Yes I do bikes as well (Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha). Alnong with a slew of other vehicle makes and models outside of Mazda.

My current list of supported Vehicles that i can Flash Reprogram are as follows (Just the mazda listing):

MazdaSpeed3/MPS3 1st generation [all markets]
MazdaSpeed3/MPS3 2nd generation [all markets]
MazdaSpeed6/MPS6 [all markets]
Mazda CX-7 (2.3 DISI Turbo) <2010MY [all markets]
Mazda CX-7 (2.3 DISI Turbo) 2010MY+ [all markets]
Mazda CX-7 (2.5NA) 2010MY+ [all markets]
Mazda MPV (2.3 DISI Turbo) [JDM/ADM]
Mazda MPV (2.3NA,3.0NA) [JDM/ADM]
Mazda3 (1.6NA, 2.0NA, 2.3NA, 3.0) 1st generation [all markets]
Mazda3 (1.6NA, 2.0NA, 2.5NA) 2nd generation [all markets]
Mazda3 (SkyActiv 2.0NA, 2.5NA) 3rd generation [all markets]
Mazda5 (Premacy) (2.0NA, 2.5NA) 2nd generation [all markets]
Mazda6 (1.8NA, 2.0NA, 2.3NA) 1st generation [all markets]
Mazda6 (3.0L MY2006-2008, MY2003-2005 coming soon) 1st Generation
Mazda6 (1.8NA, 2.0NA, 2.5NA) 2nd generation [all markets]
Mazda6 (SkyActiv 2.0NA, 2.5NA) 3rd generation [all markets]
Mazda MX-5 (1.8NA, 2.0NA) 3rd generation [all markets]
Mazda RX-8 (SE3P) 2003-2011MY+ [all markets]
Mazda2 (1.3NA, 1.5NA) 3rd generation 2007+ [all markets]
Mazda CX-5 (SkyActiv 2.0NA, 2.5NA) [all markets]

The software i use for these vehicles is called Mazdaedit. What is a flash tune you ask? Pretty much reprogramming the ECu's Fuel injection, ignition timing, valve timing, MAF, rev limiters, speed limiters, and much more to whatever I need to, to have the vehicle make more power safely, create a more drivable vehicle and etc.

Just letting everyone know I'm available. Tunes start off at $150, this includes unlimited updates at the current modification level. I can tune you guys in person or remotely via datalogs you send me by email. If you are not local, you would need to purchase a software license from me and a Tactrix openport 2.0 cable interface. If you have any questions, post up and let me know and we can work it out.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned

This guy is very good, and he had a V6 Mazda 3.0L Twin Turbo originally of which he did himself!
I particularly like his EGR Mod for the 3.0L V6 and should be done especially if tuning: DIY: EGR Modification/Optimization (3.0L V6) - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
I believe the Mazda 6 3.0L is untunable by most brands as Hypertech does not have a tuner for this vehicle, so if you can't find one, this is the guy to contact.

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 04-02-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
This guy is very good, and he had a V6 Mazda 3.0L Twin Turbo originally of which he did himself!
I particularly like his EGR Mod for the 3.0L V6 and should be done especially if tuning: DIY: EGR Modification/Optimization (3.0L V6) - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
I believe the Mazda 6 3.0L is untunable by most brands as Hypertech does not have a tuner for this vehicle, so if you can't find one, this is the guy to contact.
Thanks a lot man. Much appreciated. I still have the car. Shoot... I guess I should probably update my build thread. Haha.

You need a tune bro

Old 02-09-2017, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by nyinthabuilding05
Good Morning everyone. My names Justin Owner/Head Tuner at Twisted Tuning based out of NY. Most people already know me or at a minimum, my car. My name on all other sites is "The Great NY" which is what most people know me as. My car is the white Twin Turbo Mazda 6 that has been around for a while.

Hit me up... www.Facebook.com/twistedtuned by Twisted Visionz Photography, on Flickr

Anyway, just spreading the word that i have started offering Performance ECU tuning publically again. I used to do it a long while ago, then would just do locals, but every kept telling me i should start spreading again. so here I am. I have well over a decade of experience in tuning and building cars/trucks and bikes. Yes I do bikes as well (Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha). Alnong with a slew of other vehicle makes and models outside of Mazda.

My current list of supported Vehicles that i can Flash Reprogram are as follows (Just the mazda listing):

The software i use for these vehicles is called Mazdaedit. What is a flash tune you ask? Pretty much reprogramming the ECu's Fuel injection, ignition timing, valve timing, MAF, rev limiters, speed limiters, and much more to whatever I need to, to have the vehicle make more power safely, create a more drivable vehicle and etc.

Just letting everyone know I'm available. Tunes start off at $150, this includes unlimited updates at the current modification level. I can tune you guys in person or remotely via datalogs you send me by email. If you are not local, you would need to purchase a software license from me and a Tactrix openport 2.0 cable interface. If you have any questions, post up and let me know and we can work it out.
I have been extremely interested in tuning my 2006 mazda 6 3.0L. I have read all over that nobody has been able to Crack the ecu yet. Are you able to tune these motors yet?

Old 04-17-2021, 07:57 PM
Default 06 mazda6 3.0 v6

I have 2006 mazda 6 wagon with 3.0 v6 auto trans and need a tune possibly stage 1 maybe slightly more . want some exhaust bubble/pops on deceleration definitely some more pep. Have simple mods done( cold air intake and sport exhaust, been lowered on custom coilovers for fun daily driving)

Old 04-17-2021, 08:51 PM

I would make sure that your ECU does not get "locked" and also request a back up in case things don't go as planned.

Old 04-17-2021, 09:36 PM
Default Ecu flash / Tune questions

Originally Posted by Callisto
I would make sure that your ECU does not get "locked" and also request a back up in case things don't go as planned.
what is locked?? Backups? First car I havent been able to buy a handheld programmer for

Old 09-18-2021, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by nyinthabuilding05

Hey I'm interested in a remap, I have a 2005 Mazda 6 s manual (3.0l V6) can you please give me some more information?

Old 08-06-2022, 11:10 AM
Default 2006 mazda 6 3.0 v6 tuning

Originally Posted by Ben Armer
I have 2006 mazda 6 wagon with 3.0 v6 auto trans and need a tune possibly stage 1 maybe slightly more . want some exhaust bubble/pops on deceleration definitely some more pep. Have simple mods done( cold air intake and sport exhaust, been lowered on custom coilovers for fun daily driving)

did you ever end up tuning your vehicle? i have the same year and engine and also want to tune my car but dont know if its doable.

Old 08-06-2022, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by landynyehl
did you ever end up tuning your vehicle? i have the same year and engine and also want to tune my car but dont know if its doable.
You should research the alible ECU/EFI Performance calibration OBDII direct access to the ECU programs both software and hardware yourself. Then you would at least know if anyone offering ECU performance calibration knows what they are doing. To first set up a baseline on anyone ECU it takes a couple of hours. Then doing proper calibration improvements requires at least a couple more hours of running DATA logging to see exactly what is the best plane for custom mapping.
There are a lot of self taught "toooners" (like cartoon) and not truly what we would call experienced out there making a fast buck. Canned tooners are predominately used and very simple mapping adjustments for a same platform engine making the it appear you have a custom calibration specifically for your driving style and engine upgrades.

To answer a long over do response... a locked ECU is when the Tooner think they own the mapping rights they change in your ECU and locking the ECU prevent access to all or some areas so no other ECU calibrator can see what was done or make new adjustments while it is locked. This also means should anything happen to the person that locked the ECU you would need to completely reflash the ECU to factory specification and start all over if you needed or wanted to change any mapping in "YOUR" ECU.