Electronics, Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Factory installed alarmed system

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 12:01 AM
Default Factory installed alarmed system

I just bought a 2005 Mazda3 and it only came with one key (no FOB) transmitter. I took it to an alarm installer to check under the hood to find out what type of alarm I had installed. He told me it didn't look I had any installed.

However, I do know that at least I have the factory alarm system. I see the icon blinking as soon as I get in the car.

But I don't know exactly know to what extend the factory installed alarm does.

Can any one tell me what are the features on the factory installed alarm system

Old 03-17-2016, 12:17 AM
Default How to find a reliable alarm installer

I am in the process of purchasing a new alarm system, but I have to be honest it has been very challenging.

I have searching using "Yelp", and Google but I find the same installers with very little reviews, or the other extreme "Best Buy", which I don't want to use.

I need to find a way to find some reliable alarm installers. There are some I found that are very, very expensive.

I found a couple in the $350 range for a 2 way alarm Compustar, or Viper. But I noticed they are planning to use CS5502 Compustar (obsolete) or Viper 3305V.

Another installer I found with good ratings, but he quoted $560.00 - 10%=$500 no sales tax since he's in OR and he will install Clifford 2Way, 1,500 ft range.

At this point, I don't know which brand to get. It seems that most installer prefer to provide the alarm and not installed one bought outside their store. So far Compustar seems like the brand of choice. Is this brand the best.

I need a reliable alarm since I won't have any parking where I live, and my car will be parked out in the streets.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

The icon blinking when the car isn't running will almost be the PATS light, Passive, Anti Theft System, this is Mazda's Immobilizer system, its not an alarm on its own. There are alarms from Mazda available on some models.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:24 AM
Default Thanjs

[QUOTE=grim_reaper;157087]The icon blinking when the car isn't running will almost be the PATS light, Passive, Anti Theft System, this is Mazda's Immobilizer system, its not an alarm on its own. There are alarms from Mazda available on some models.[/QUOT

Yes I think you mentioned PATS before but I wanted to be sure there was more built in security features

Is it possible that you could help me with the rest of my question as posted

Thanks