Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Want that show room gloss

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Default Want that show room gloss

I know nothing about waxes...all i know is mcguire is a good brand and that is what I use BUT i want a very glossy real shiny look what should I use. I don't want Turtle wax ice my buddy used it and it doesn't have that umfh to it if you know what i mean. My car is white with black pin stripe.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Default RE: Want that show room gloss

You might want to try something like Zaino or P21S. I've seen the results of their products, and they look much better than new! Zaino and P21S are both quite pricey.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:54 PM

dam...30$ for some wax...i was looking more like 20 at the most i WILL NOT spend more than 20$ for car wax....anything around that price range...the p21s looks like some incredible stuff though.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:30 PM

Zaino is the best there is.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:26 AM

I'm a Meguiar's guy all the way, they have a great website thatexplains their 3 step process for best results. Meguiar's has a lot of products and it can sometimes get confusing, what are you using now? For a new car like yours I would recommend their newest product "NXT Techwax 2.0", it runs around $20 and gives a terrific deep shine using Polymer technology not wax, for best results do a good surface preparation first.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:47 AM

you could try some 3m products, alot of the shops here use the 3m products, but they are pricy.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:50 AM

JAX WAX. Its a complete auto deatailing company based in central Ohio. A freind of my shop owns and operates it and they make AMAZING products. They havent went national yet so you would look way ahead of the curve when you bust out some quik wax at the next car meet and nobody has heard of what you're using. Tons of dealerships in this area use it and thats where i found out about it. They have a hand glaze that will make your car shine like it was headed for a concourse. A little pricey but well worth the expense.

http://store.jaxwax.com/

Old 04-01-2008, 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: ohiogrown

JAX WAX. Its a complete auto deatailing company based in central Ohio. A freind of my shop owns and operates it and they make AMAZING products. They havent went national yet so you would look way ahead of the curve when you bust out some quik wax at the next car meet and nobody has heard of what you're using. Tons of dealerships in this area use it and thats where i found out about it. They have a hand glaze that will make your car shine like it was headed for a concourse. A little pricey but well worth the expense.

http://store.jaxwax.com/
great product! but it is from Ohio what do you expect?no really like he said a little pricey but awesome shine!!

Old 04-01-2008, 02:39 PM

i you want an awesome showroom shine, you first need to mix water and dish detergent to remove all previous wax. then you need to use a clay bar and swirl remover. then you need to apply a coat of wax. let it sit and then apply another coat. i've been doing this for years and have many compliments on my car.

i think it looks damn awesome!

Old 04-29-2008, 02:48 PM

dam, i forgot i had this thread here. Well right now i am using Nu Finish and meguiars mirror glaze 26. I recently used dish soap and then put a coat of nu finish. Nu finish works pretty good, the dirt doesnt stick to the paint. With the mirror glaze it does...its wiered.

Quick Reply: Want that show room gloss