Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Want that show room gloss

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Default RE: Want that show room gloss

I agree..Nu Finish is great. It's what I'm using on my car. Only problem is it gives off a lot of wax dust if you let it haze for too long

Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 PM

I use Liquid Glass. I haven't seen a shine like that even from showroom cars. One word of caution, if you have hole like scratches in your paint, get them fixed first. I had a couple of those on my hood, and they are white spots now. To get Liquid Glass off takes mineral spirits or varsol and 00 Steel Wool. Sounds scary, and it indeed is, but I never plan on taking it off. The more coats of it you put on, the shinier it gets. It's about $22at advance auto, but god does it work wonders.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 PM

I would highly recomment Gold Class Meguiars.
Used time and again to a successful shine, and not as pricy.

3M stuff is good too.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Thumbs up Meguiar's All The Way...

Originally Posted by gary06
I'm a Meguiar's guy all the way, they have a great website thatexplains their 3 step process for best results.
I agree with "Gary 06". For many years now I've used "Meguiar's" products with great success.

Wash: Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner
Scratch X Blemish Remover (If Needed)
Step 1: Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner
Step 2: Deep Crystal System Polish
Step 3: Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax

I'm thinking though, when my Deep Crystal System 1, 2, & 3 run out I'll replace with their "Gold Class" series.

CX5T Lover

Old 07-16-2015, 07:23 AM

I also use Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish on my ride. It works great!

Old 07-16-2015, 03:02 PM

I've been a Zaino Zombie for many years -

Name:  zaino-zombie_1.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  38.3 KB

Old 01-22-2017, 06:17 PM
Default Waxes

Originally Posted by gary06
I'm a Meguiar's guy all the way, they have a great website thatexplains their 3 step process for best results. Meguiar's has a lot of products and it can sometimes get confusing, what are you using now? For a new car like yours I would recommend their newest product "NXT Techwax 2.0", it runs around $20 and gives a terrific deep shine using Polymer technology not wax, for best results do a good surface preparation first.
Hey gang - see the input on the waxes. I can say that I use the NXT Techwax 2.0 on our jeep, awesome product and beautiful shine with it. I occasionally take the jeep offroad in the mud, and the mud falls right off at the wash! Do some research and you will find the right product for you!! Dane

Old 10-01-2019, 08:42 AM

I like Meguiar's products and buy the "commercial" grade stuff in bulk online. Usually the gallon containers and then mix/dilute to my needs. I really like their synthetic spray wax and use it every time I wash our vehicles.

When I first get a vehicle I use a high alkaline soap like dishwasher soap to strip away all surface contaminants and any sealants which may be on it. Then I use a clay bar method to remove any fallout and then I use a surface polish and seal with a quality wax. If I use the spray wax at each wash I rarely ever have to go back through that original process again.

Here's our current CX-5 after a recent wash/spray wax. That paint is dry.

Old 08-17-2022, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2.0Mazda08
I know nothing about waxes...all i know is mcguire is a good brand and that is what I use BUT i want a very glossy real shiny look what should I use. I don't want Turtle wax ice my buddy used it and it doesn't have that umfh to it if you know what i mean. My car is white with black pin stripe.

Have it ceramic coated. A coating has the best gloss and it lasts for many, many years. Unless you get a consumer coating then it won't last as long